Denali front lower bumper filler chrome.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:03 PM, Tip said:

I have a 2022 Sierra Limited and would like to replace the plastic filler  in lower bumper  with the chrome Denali piece. Can I replace it and access the screws without removing the front bumper? 

I believe you have to remove the entire bumper. You may see if you have small enough hands to reach the bolts holding the plastic bottom piece to the metal bumper, but it would be a serious pain in the butt.

However in order to remove the bumper, you also need to remove the grille to gain access to the bumper top bolts.

Edited by shanemoon

I have not attempted to remove it but it looks like the bolts are pretty easy to access for the most part. there are a couple which the metal bumper actually blocks them from coming out, but if you use a  wrench on them instead of a socket (gear wrench would be nice) It looks like it would come right out. If you manage to do it let us know, I'd like to know if there's any reason why that wouldn't work.

Curious what style panel does your truck have now? Mine's a Denali but I hate chrome with a massive passion. I have it plastidipped right now but I ultimately want to swap it for the non-Denali version and have it painted body color. Although I think I want to switch to the max tow version with the opening.

6 hours ago, hertge said:

If you don’t like chrome don’t buy a slt or Denali???

Not intending to offend, but this is not helpful.

I bought a Denali because I wanted a Denali. I can't stand the looks of the T1 Silverado (just my opinion, no offense to anyone who likes it) so it had to be GMC. I wanted the premium interior, ARC, and the Denali name. Sales person tried to sell me an AT4, but no ARC, no 22s (unless I misread something) and I'd have to remove the lift which I don't want. I don't like the steering wheel to say GMC, I don't mind it saying Denali. lots went into the decision.

I wanted a Denali, just a chrome free Denali.

I actually started my truck search going straight for the TRX. but the sales person blew me off and was totally unfamiliar with the product. He almost sounded sarcastic when he told me yeah...that's a $100k truck (no it isn't)... I did drive up the dealership in my Corvette for a reason, I guess he wasn't impressed. The guy actually allowed me to leave the place without even giving me his card. His loss. But ultimately I found out there was one major problem with the TRX, its a crew cab short bed only. that's no good to me. so I picked my standard bed Denali, dechromed it and supercharged it. I'm happy. I figured that would be much easier than finding a customization shop that could put a standard bed on a TRX.

Although I've been somewhat regretting not going to another dealership and looking at the Ram more closely, you can get them without chrome and after owning it for a while the list of things that piss me off about the Denali is rather long. There are a lot of things I am going to have to fix if I'm going to live with this truck for a long time. Could I live with a short bed if it means I can have a different must have -> console shifter? Oh well. the decision is done.

1 hour ago, shakenfake said:

Yeah agreed. Chrome is yuck, tasteful chrome is nice but that entire chrome denali front end makes me want to puke

I'm totally opposite. I prefer chrome!! I love it when its all clean and the sunlight reflects off of it!! Especially chrome wheels rolling along down the road. I can't stand the all blacked out look. Looks cheap to me.  Now chrome and black mixed in is ok. My wheels are both, but I prefer all chrome. My next set of wheels will be a set of 22 or 24 inch chrome snowflake, then leave the ones I have now as winter tires. Just stinks here in Midwest during winter, chrome wheels don't hold up at all because of all the "junk" they put on the roads. 

• Thanks 1