Aftermarket fuse panel for accessories

Eventually I’ll do a full write up after I complete this but thought I’d share my next mod.

Goal -

Get all the aftermarket accessories off of the stock fuse panels, and clean up wiring connections and routing.

I purchased a 7 circuit Painless Performance fuse panel kit. I’ll be installing it in the engine bay on the empty battery tray on the passenger side. I also want it to look clean and almost factory, so I’ve designed and 3D printed a fuse panel cover for it.

The aftermarket accessories I know I’ll be running to it right now are as follows:

- Power windows

- Boost / air/fuel gauge

- MSD 2-step

- Boost controller

Here are a couple pictures of the fuse panel kit and the cover I printed.

Has anyone else done this before? Share if you have, I’d love ideas to incorporate!

26C70859-33DD-4A3D-892B-9BDDEE9A1B49.thumb.jpeg.85871a6803625d340ecbb249ed5b5ea4.jpeg

Well, started reading through the instructions for the fuse panel today. It came with two circuit breakers, one for each power wire that runs directly to the battery.

They look like typical circuit breakers and I’m not about having that showing in the engine bay since part of what I’m trying to accomplish is clean up the wiring a bit.

So… I’ve designed and am currently printing a nice little box to put the circuit breakers in. Not only does this clean the look up overall, it protects the studs on the breakers so I don’t accidentally touch them with something metal while I’m messing around in the engine bay.

In addition, I’ve designed and will be printing a plastic “grommet” so I can run the wires through the fenders without worrying about the wires rubbing on the metal edge.

I’ll try to post pictures when I get the parts printed out.