I'm not exactly sure, but iirc from reading this forum in the past, it's between 100-400 miles, give or take.  Depends on the type of driving.  Regen will occur more frequently in city stop and go driving. 

Edited by Transient

If a partial regen occurs it will resume (not restart) at it's next opportunity.

On LM2 they seem to take about 11 or 12 miles to fully complete.

There is no notification that a regen is occurring -- unless it is unsuccessful after multiple attempts and the soot load gets well above the usual regen trigger level.   

Miles between regen will depend on how it is being used., but likely between 200 and 500 mile intervals -- could be as long as 700.

Edited by redwngr

On 1/16/2022 at 6:17 PM, Jaketab said:

I reset the timer each time of regen.  It varies from 11 to 13 hours.  In the winter its more frequent due to warm up idling.  Towing seems to cause more regen.  

There are two types of regen - passive and active. Passive occurs all the time but works best when exhaust temperatures are high. Active regen is where fuel is used outside of the normal combustion process to burn off soot in the DPF. Active regens must finish within a certain number of start/stop cycles or you'll get a warning on the dash.

Towing will work the engine enough where passive regen will do a good job and lengthen the time between active regens. I see 500 - 600 miles between active regens when towing. When not towing an active regen can happen in as short as just 150 miles. I use a Banks iDash to monitor this stuff.