14-15 front end on a 16-18

Excuse me if this is a dumb question.

ive seen many put the 16-18 front end on a 14-15 with few problems (albeit a lot of $ on parts).. 

but am I able to put a 14-15 front end on a 16-18?   

im in love with the 14-15 and had a 15 in the past.  Trying to find one with low miles but have had little luck.   Curious to see how difficult it would be and what problems would arise.. (didn’t know if there were issues with the led lights in the 16-18 working with the 14-15 housings) 

thanks!

• Like 1

Converting a 14/15 front end to a 16+ front end will require a custom harness. 

Some links for ya. They are different based on what your truck has.  

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2015-to-2016-2018-silverado-sierra-headlight-conversion-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2015-to-2016-2018-sierra-headlight-conversion-harness/

On 1/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, Ovie832 said:

Excuse me if this is a dumb question.

ive seen many put the 16-18 front end on a 14-15 with few problems (albeit a lot of $ on parts).. 

but am I able to put a 14-15 front end on a 16-18?   

im in love with the 14-15 and had a 15 in the past.  Trying to find one with low miles but have had little luck.   Curious to see how difficult it would be and what problems would arise.. (didn’t know if there were issues with the led lights in the 16-18 working with the 14-15 housings) 

thanks!

It's not a dumb question to me; it's all personal preference.  It is possible, you would literally follow the order of operation in reverse.  The only issue that you may run into would be the headlights.  I'd reach out to @pgamboa to see if he can make a harness for the headlights in the reverse direction. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 5:49 PM, DBrach said:

It's not a dumb question to me; it's all personal preference.  It is possible, you would literally follow the order of operation in reverse.  The only issue that you may run into would be the headlights.  I'd reach out to @pgamboa to see if he can make a harness for the headlights in the reverse direction. 

Thanks man. 

questuon.. is it just the grille, headlights and front bumper that are different? Or are there different brackets on the 16-18 frame?  Just figuring out all the things I’d need 

@Ovie832 The hood is different, the wiring harness for the headlights are different, and there is a plastic sub-frame that is different that you attach the grill too.  You will need part number 2 and number 5 from a 2015: If you get it from a salvage yard, they're usually connected together. Oh, you'll also need the fog light connectors.  Here's the link to the original post that will give you great details, only you'll follow them in reverse. 

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/189473-2015-silverado-to-2016-conversion/
Screenshot_20190118-131244_Chrome.jpg

22 hours ago, DBrach said:

@Ovie832 The hood is different, the wiring harness for the headlights are different, and there is a plastic sub-frame that is different that you attach the grill too.  You will need part number 2 and number 5 from a 2015: If you get it from a salvage yard, they're usually connected together. Oh, you'll also need the fog light connectors.  Here's the link to the original post that will give you great details, only you'll follow them in reverse. 

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/189473-2015-silverado-to-2016-conversion/
Screenshot_20190118-131244_Chrome.jpg

Thanks so much!

• Like 1