22 Sierra Regular cab short bed custom SLT

5 hours ago, GearheadSS said:

What were you trying to order and what did you end up finding?

I ordered a 2WD regular cab short bed in Glacier Blue....And I ordered just about every option they will let you order on the W/T (except the mulit-flex tailgate)....which is surprisingly a lot.

I ended up finding just about the same truck just in 4WD....The only reason I was going with the 2WD was gas mileage....so I'm happy either way.

I have seen a few around the country the same way and they sit on the lot for about 1 or 2 weeks tops...and they are gone....very very few not in white....couple in black....but the Glacier Blue is hard to find.

1 hour ago, Cowboyman said:

I ordered a 2WD regular cab short bed in Glacier Blue....And I ordered just about every option they will let you order on the W/T (except the mulit-flex tailgate)....which is surprisingly a lot.

I ended up finding just about the same truck just in 4WD....The only reason I was going with the 2WD was gas mileage....so I'm happy either way.

I have seen a few around the country the same way and they sit on the lot for about 1 or 2 weeks tops...and they are gone....very very few not in white....couple in black....but the Glacier Blue is hard to find.

Oh nice.  The one that I ordered for our store is a 2WD Glacier Blue.  I ordered it without safety package(to retain black bumpers) but with several other options.  It was finally loaded onto a railcar today so hopefully it will be here in a couple of weeks.  I'm ready to see a new RCSB in person.

Edited by GearheadSS

4 hours ago, GearheadSS said:

Oh nice.  The one that I ordered for our store is a 2WD Glacier Blue.  I ordered it without safety package(to retain black bumpers) but with several other options.  It was finally loaded onto a railcar today so hopefully it will be here in a couple of weeks.  I'm ready to see a new RCSB in person.

It looks really good, better than the pictures show....I have only seen a white one, but even it looked really good.

Glad they got it loaded up, that was getting ridiculous.

Good timing on both counts, mine was delivered to the dealer this afternoon! 😃

I will post a few pictures this week!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Just saw my first '23 RCSB. I want...

When I first heard they were bringing back the RCSB I was so happy, then I heard it was W/T only.....disappointed.....THEN I saw how many options you could get on the W/T.....I was impressed.

Then I heard about no V8....disappointed....until I drove that 2.7 Turbo....it has all the go I need and so far I am getting 24-25 mpg....with a 4X4....I'll take it!

Worked out perfect all the way around!

6 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

@CowboymanApparently the reason they got rid of the RCSB was because of the mpg to weight ratio? Some ****** like that.

I am hoping eventually we can get a V8 in it OR the 3.0 diesel. I would do bad bad things for that 3.0 diesel....

They grew out of popularity because they became family limousines. I always preferred extended cabs myself. The competition still offers a unique  assortment of engines to their  two doors. Of course the chip restrictions will require wait time. I did a brief scan of Ram and Ford V-8s are offered in theirs. 

28 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

@CowboymanApparently the reason they got rid of the RCSB was because of the mpg to weight ratio? Some ****** like that.

I am hoping eventually we can get a V8 in it OR the 3.0 diesel. I would do bad bad things for that 3.0 diesel....

If they are making it for all the other parts of the world they need to make it for the US.....that was always my main gripe.

Hopefully more engines and trims will come back eventually.

17 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

They grew out of popularity because they became family limousines. I always preferred extended cabs myself. The competition still offers a unique  assortment of engines to their  two doors. Of course the chip restrictions will require wait time. I did a brief scan of Ram and Ford V-8s are offered in theirs. 

The way people use trucks has definitely changed in the last 20 years, I like to think GM would want to make a truck that would appeal to everyone. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/gmc/sierra-1500/used/#vip=27285428

very nicely done reg cab Sierra cut down from a long box. Not sure why, but maybe to get the 5.3. This unit is for sale. It says Edmonton, Alberta but I think it is at Winding Roads Motorcars in Langley, British Columbia.

Remember the listed price is in Canadian dollars so it would be around $50,000 US. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Likarok said:

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/gmc/sierra-1500/used/#vip=27285428

very nicely done reg cab Sierra cut down from a long box. Not sure why, but maybe to get the 5.3. This unit is for sale. It says Edmonton, Alberta but I think it is at Winding Roads Motorcars in Langley, British Columbia.

Remember the listed price is in Canadian dollars so it would be around $50,000 US. 

That is a good looking truck!

I believe that style is coming back around again, I'm starting to see more trucks like this.

Those wheels just make it!