22 Sierra Regular cab short bed custom SLT

I too plan to order my Sierra, Regular Cab short bed, it sucks it only comes in a Pro base model and 2.7 engine.

Im going to make the most of it and get as much options as possible. Ill be looking for the wheels from the SLT and I made this rendering.

Im really dead set on a regular cab standard bed ( NOT long bed). I have a 16 Sierra crew cab SLT Z71 im almost paid off, but my truck camper is semi permanently on it, so I want to build me a new truck I can offroad in. 

Mild lift, 20" slt wheels, 275 65 20 KO2's

Im hoping to get the factory fog lights with the stock switch, i see this can be bought later for the 2021 so i hope i can do this on the 22-23.

Im ok with the old interior, i hear the regular cab wont be getting the new dashboard. Not even a push button start, tho i dont care for those. 

Jstruck.jpg

ja.JPG

price.JPG

13 hours ago, jrubicon said:

I too plan to order my Sierra, Regular Cab short bed, it sucks it only comes in a Pro base model and 2.7 engine.

Im going to make the most of it and get as much options as possible. Ill be looking for the wheels from the SLT and I made this rendering.

Im really dead set on a regular cab standard bed ( NOT long bed). I have a 16 Sierra crew cab SLT Z71 im almost paid off, but my truck camper is semi permanently on it, so I want to build me a new truck I can offroad in. 

Mild lift, 20" slt wheels, 275 65 20 KO2's

Im hoping to get the factory fog lights with the stock switch, i see this can be bought later for the 2021 so i hope i can do this on the 22-23.

Im ok with the old interior, i hear the regular cab wont be getting the new dashboard. Not even a push button start, tho i dont care for those. 

Push Button start is standard on all trims now for 2022.  Fogs are probably coming, but no info yet.  The Silverado has a kit coming that I do know for sure.  

If offroading is your goal, make sure to order the 2 speed transfer case.  Otherwise it comes with the single speed one.  

That looks really good!

I am hoping in the '23 models they come out with the LT trim in the RCSB with the V8.

If not, I am going to end up doing like you and making a dressed up work truck.

Amazing what wheels/tires and a chrome grill can do for a truck! --- (your rendering looks great)

2023 Silverado BEST.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cowboyman said:

That looks really good!

I am hoping in the '23 models they come out with the LT trim in the RCSB with the V8.

Sadly that won't happen, especially the LT trim part.  Not enough sales to bring it back.  You can get LT on an HD regular cab however.  

7 hours ago, newdude said:

Sadly that won't happen, especially the LT trim part.  Not enough sales to bring it back.  You can get LT on an HD regular cab however.  

It looks like if they make the trucks for Saudi Arabia and Mexico it would be easy enough to make them for the US too.

There has got to be pent up demand for a nicer trim regular cab short bed, I know I have been waiting on it.....dealers around here used to carry 4 or 5 on their lots back when they were being made in 2018.

I reckon time will tell.

Edited by Cowboyman

On 3/11/2022 at 4:01 PM, Cowboyman said:

It looks like if they make the trucks for Saudi Arabia and Mexico it would be easy enough to make them for the US too.

There has got to be pent up demand for a nicer trim regular cab short bed, I know I have been waiting on it.....dealers around here used to carry 4 or 5 on their lots back when they were being made in 2018.

I reckon time will tell.

That's the infuriating part, they're already building them. They don't need to add anything to the production setup. They only need to sell them to us, and they won't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jonny24 said:

That's the infuriating part, they're already building them. They don't need to add anything to the production setup. They only need to sell them to us, and they won't.

So you could not bring one up from Mexican Dealer?

1 hour ago, Likarok said:

So you could not bring one up from Mexican Dealer?

Actually it looks like I can, they added Mexico to the preapproved list in 2020! Only thing would be checking that the DRLs and electronic immobilizer meet Canadian spec.

Plus the GMC gets the LED lamps front and rear whereas the Chevrolet still has halogens and bulbs on tails.  The GMC can also be optioned with the 10 way power seat and multi pro tailgate. The regular cab swb silverado cannot. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, franktrusty said:

The Regular cab Silverado can be ordered with a multi pro tailgate. It just doesn't show up on build and price. 

I hope the 2023 has a V8 option though.... 

You are exactly right, when I first started looking to order one in March before they were in such short supply it was definitely available on the regular cab Chevrolet.

It will be interesting to see what changes there are for '23.......'22 was such a short run for the refresh, probably not much....but we should know soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, anyone got one of these yet?

I have had one on order since April 1st....still not accepted by GM.

As of June 1st I am going to start locating one around my area to buy.....there are a few.

I was just curious if anyone on here has one?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 7:01 PM, Cowboyman said:

Just curious, anyone got one of these yet?

I have had one on order since April 1st....still not accepted by GM.

As of June 1st I am going to start locating one around my area to buy.....there are a few.

I was just curious if anyone on here has one?

We have a RCSB that was built on 3/2 and it still hasn't shipped yet.  Just sitting in Mexico at 4000 status.

2 hours ago, GearheadSS said:

We have a RCSB that was built on 3/2 and it still hasn't shipped yet.  Just sitting in Mexico at 4000 status.

3 months is a long time for one to sit, I sure hope it gets to you soon.

I decided to locate one, have to drive a few hours....but at least it's in transit....instead of "order not accepted by GM".

I hope hey don't cancel the regular cab/short bed again for lack of demand.....when it's almost impossible to order one or locate one....Not a fair chance for it....they aren't sitting on the lots long where dealers do have them.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:37 PM, Cowboyman said:

3 months is a long time for one to sit, I sure hope it gets to you soon.

I decided to locate one, have to drive a few hours....but at least it's in transit....instead of "order not accepted by GM".

I hope hey don't cancel the regular cab/short bed again for lack of demand.....when it's almost impossible to order one or locate one....Not a fair chance for it....they aren't sitting on the lots long where dealers do have them.

What were you trying to order and what did you end up finding?