First time GM Owner - 3 weeks wait for 2022 Sierra 1500 | 6.2L | AT4 | Fully loaded | Titanium Rush Metallic - I wish there were more options/packages

Hi,

I placed an order today or took over a dealer order for a new 2022 Sierra AT4 Spec. I visited a few dealerships to see if anyone had the Titanium Rush Metallic color on the lot. Apparently I'm the only one who'll be getting the first one in that color. Sales guy said, people are usually scared to order newer colors, especially if they haven't seen them in person.

The truck looks great however, I don't like few minor things about this truck.

- The Wheels. I wish there was an option for the gloss black wheels from the Elevation model. My AT4 comes with 18" wheels, which I don't like too much because they're not fully black as they have a machine surface. I love the Gloss wheels off the elevation model. This one
640X640

- I wish the grille was color matched.
- I wish the exhaust tips were black instead of chrome.

That's it. Other than that, the truck is good. I asked the dealership if they would give me some sort of a deal on the wheels, but even at cost, they're still expensive because they're OEM wheels. I looked at some aftermarket ones, but IMO they look tacky.

So off the bat, I'm interested in doing two mods or changes. First is wheels. Can I fit 34" or 35" tires on this AT4 with stock lift?

Second mod is the exhaust. I want just a little more noise out of the exhaust, not enough for a full on aftermarket exhaust, just a little more than what's available on stock truck. And I also wanted to put the Black quad exhaust tips.

140779BC-tip-1-thumb.jpg

Anyway, I'm excited to join the GMC Fam. Coming from a 2020 F150 Lariat.

Edited by Jay San

11 hours ago, Jay San said:

Hi,

I placed an order today or took over a dealer order for a new 2022 Sierra AT4 Spec. I visited a few dealerships to see if anyone had the Titanium Rush Metallic color on the lot. Apparently I'm the only one who'll be getting the first one in that color. Sales guy said, people are usually scared to order newer colors, especially if they haven't seen them in person.

The truck looks great however, I don't like few minor things about this truck.

- The Wheels. I wish there was an option for the gloss black wheels from the Elevation model. My AT4 comes with 18" wheels, which I don't like too much because they're not fully black as they have a machine surface. I love the Gloss wheels off the elevation model. This one

- I wish the grille was color matched.
- I wish the exhaust tips were black instead of chrome.

That's it. Other than that, the truck is good. I asked the dealership if they would give me some sort of a deal on the wheels, but even at cost, they're still expensive because they're OEM wheels. I looked at some aftermarket ones, but IMO they look tacky.

So off the bat, I'm interested in doing two mods or changes. First is wheels. Can I fit 34" or 35" tires on this AT4 with stock lift?

Second mod is the exhaust. I want just a little more noise out of the exhaust, not enough for a full on aftermarket exhaust, just a little more than what's available on stock truck. And I also wanted to put the Black quad exhaust tips.

Anyway, I'm excited to join the GMC Fam. Coming from a 2020 F150 Lariat.

Congrats!

Wheels.  GMC has LPO wheels (the accessory wheels when you order the truck) on SLT and Denali only.  AT4 can't be ordered with any wheel other than the two options they come with, the 18"s or the 20"s.  See if maybe the dealer would be willing to give you some sort of takeoff credit towards what you want?  I'm sure they'd love the stocks off of yours to dress up one of theirs.  Or, you can sell yours privately.  

Something else to consider, OE replica wheels.  2022 GMC Sierra 1500 20-inch-Rims Black-Wheel Replica Wheels | OE Wheels (oewheelsllc.com)

34"s is I believe the stock height limit on tires.  This is due to the shape of the fenders on the GMC.  Silverado Trail Boss can stuff a 35" stock as the fenders are rounded.  

Exhaust.  GM does sell those outlets in the bumper in black, but if you want actual tips and more noise, a good catback is your best option.  

GM has Borla with tips 6.2L Cat-Back Dual-Split Rear-Exit Through-the-Bumper Exhaust Upgrade System with Quad Black Chrome Tips for Short Wheel Base Models by Borla - Associated Accessories | GMC Accessories

Sound level on that is Touring.  If you wanted S-Type or Atak, you'd have to go through Borla.  Right now as well, GM is doing 20% off on their website over $500, AND, you should be able to stack your GM rewards points if you have any, or wait for the points you get and use them in addition.  20% off in the cart is a $459.80 discount.

4 hours ago, newdude said:

Congrats!

Wheels.  GMC has LPO wheels (the accessory wheels when you order the truck) on SLT and Denali only.  AT4 can't be ordered with any wheel other than the two options they come with, the 18"s or the 20"s.  See if maybe the dealer would be willing to give you some sort of takeoff credit towards what you want?  I'm sure they'd love the stocks off of yours to dress up one of theirs.  Or, you can sell yours privately.  

Something else to consider, OE replica wheels.  2022 GMC Sierra 1500 20-inch-Rims Black-Wheel Replica Wheels | OE Wheels (oewheelsllc.com)

34"s is I believe the stock height limit on tires.  This is due to the shape of the fenders on the GMC.  Silverado Trail Boss can stuff a 35" stock as the fenders are rounded.  

Exhaust.  GM does sell those outlets in the bumper in black, but if you want actual tips and more noise, a good catback is your best option.  

GM has Borla with tips 6.2L Cat-Back Dual-Split Rear-Exit Through-the-Bumper Exhaust Upgrade System with Quad Black Chrome Tips for Short Wheel Base Models by Borla - Associated Accessories | GMC Accessories

Sound level on that is Touring.  If you wanted S-Type or Atak, you'd have to go through Borla.  Right now as well, GM is doing 20% off on their website over $500, AND, you should be able to stack your GM rewards points if you have any, or wait for the points you get and use them in addition.  20% off in the cart is a $459.80 discount.

Would that 34” limit apply to the AT4 since it has the 2” lift already? I only ask because I have an AT4 on order and was hoping to put 295/70R18 Wildpeaks on them without having to do any other mods. They show a 34.3” diameter. Would I need to level the front or trim the fenders to make that work? 

I had titanium rush Denali Ultimate on order, but changed it to Onyx Black.  Just felt it was safer.  I have seen a handful of YouTube videos with the Titanium Rush, and just didn't feel like I would like it in all lighting types.  Right now, this truck feels as far out as my Bronco I have on order, or the Cybertruck I have a reservation in on.  

8 hours ago, Hickory said:

Would that 34” limit apply to the AT4 since it has the 2” lift already? I only ask because I have an AT4 on order and was hoping to put 295/70R18 Wildpeaks on them without having to do any other mods. They show a 34.3” diameter. Would I need to level the front or trim the fenders to make that work? 

I'm also interested in finding this out, as I also read about the 2" factory lift.

6 hours ago, obrien19 said:

Titanium Rush is a nice color!

IMG-3056.jpg

Nice!! Do you have more pics? Thats exactly how I want my AT4 to look, with those wheels. 

I wish the Fenders were color matched as well. I think that would've looked even better.

6 hours ago, Woodypeoples said:

I had titanium rush Denali Ultimate on order, but changed it to Onyx Black.  Just felt it was safer.  I have seen a handful of YouTube videos with the Titanium Rush, and just didn't feel like I would like it in all lighting types.  Right now, this truck feels as far out as my Bronco I have on order, or the Cybertruck I have a reservation in on.  

I also had one on order and changed it to AT4 since it was only 3 weeks away, compared to the other one, which was 4-5 months away.

agree on above just picked mine up today. Titanium Rush! I was worried it would look purple but actually more gray/black depending on lighting.

On delivery Missing multipro speakers, parking assist, rear wheel well liners.

I would like to upgrade wheels and speakers.

Look forward to wheel/tire size max without rubbing and some speaker upgrades recs

IMG_7081.jpeg

On 5/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, jjoshj said:

agree on above just picked mine up today. Titanium Rush! I was worried it would look purple but actually more gray/black depending on lighting.

On delivery Missing multipro speakers, parking assist, rear wheel well liners.

I would like to upgrade wheels and speakers.

Look forward to wheel/tire size max without rubbing and some speaker upgrades recs

IMG_7081.jpeg

nice!!

Even more excited for mine now!

I am also trying to decide on wheels and tires

I was thinking these wheels. https://www.oewheelsllc.com/CV37-22090-black-wheel-set-GMC-Sierra

CV37-20090-black-rims-fit-GMC-Sierra-1500_main-2.jpg?resizeid=5&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000

These are a variation of the Denali wheels but these are all black instead of the Denali ones which have machined edges. I personally like the black look, like I said before, I'm not a huge fan of my current at4 wheels. I do like the AT4X's all black wheels.

I wanted these in 20" size but they are out of stock everywhere. 

I was thinking of running 34" tires

tire.thumb.jpg.2a1db376d4bd90354b38f2c6401a2519.jpg

There is a lot of conflicting info on largest tires on AT4s with stock 2" lift. I think the width of 11.2" would keep it from rubbing and 34" is an ok height without rubbing.

I've noticed the tires are way cheaper in US than in Canada. 285/55R22 is rare size.