WeatherTech Vent Visors came today, NO double sided tape

My WeatherTech Vent Visors came today and there is NO double sided tape on the edge that goes into the door. I have seen a couple of comments about vent visors flying off the truck so I am reaching out to who ever has installed these... should I add some 2 sided tape?

7 minutes ago, maillet282 said:

Depends what ones you got. Are they the in channel ones or the tape on kind?  I installed the in channel ones that didn’t require any double sided tape 

Wow, can't believe I left that out... yes to the in channel. The truck had some tape on and I am removing them to install WT in channel. I have read a couple post about the rears falling off and did apply tape and installed the clips required for the rear as I had a pair that was given to me. I just received the front pair today and am thinking of adding the tape.

You said you have installed them and not had an issue?

Installed both front and rear. Never needed any tape. Only issue is I ended up snapping the passenger front one trying to install it. Besides that your windows that have an auto up function might not be happy with the additional friction from the visors.  To reset that setting you just need to lower the window all the way down and hold the window button until your window is all the way up again 

6 minutes ago, maillet282 said:

To reset that setting you just need to lower the window all the way down and hold the window button until your window is all the way up again 

Thanks for that info. The auto up function does work both up and down on my drivers side but not up on the passengers front or both rear. I think its a safety thing for that not to work on the others and a PITA to get your drivers side window to stop partly open.

Thanks for your responses

• 1 month later...