8 Speed Shudder.

Hi,

My 2018 Silverado had the transmission shudder when it was new. At that time there was a TSB stating to change the filter and use an upgraded transmission fluid. Everything was great with it until now. The truck now has 90000 kilometers on it and the shudder is back. Does anybody know if there is any new TSB's for this problem ? Or is it just change the fluid again? Thanks.

• Sad 1

On 7/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, e.p. said:

Hi,

My 2018 Silverado had the transmission shudder when it was new. At that time there was a TSB stating to change the filter and use an upgraded transmission fluid. Everything was great with it until now. The truck now has 90000 kilometers on it and the shudder is back. Does anybody know if there is any new TSB's for this problem ? Or is it just change the fluid again? Thanks.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, e.p..  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2018 Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: e.p./GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• Like 1

The fluid should be changed on a regular basis.  Most don't bother but to me it should be done just like changing your engine oil.  I like to use a quality synthetic like AMSOIL and change it out every 50k miles.  Since you used what the dealer puts in then changing it every 48,000km  would be good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, mine was changed at 18k, then 40k, and now again at 62k currently while they are replacing a bad thermometer sensor and wiring harnesses which have apparently shorted out.  (all on my dime)  The TC shudder was beginning to work it's way back.  You can feel it when it begins, as it's slow to worsen.  Looks like fluids will have to be changed at least every 20-25k?  Strange for a transmission without a dipstick or way to fill without a computer.

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2022 at 9:04 AM, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, e.p..  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2018 Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: e.p./GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

I had TSB 18-NA-355 performed on my truck in the fall of 2019 and it has developed the shudder issue again. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 2:39 PM, leeirvin said:

So, mine was changed at 18k, then 40k, and now again at 62k currently while they are replacing a bad thermometer sensor and wiring harnesses which have apparently shorted out.  (all on my dime)  The TC shudder was beginning to work it's way back.  You can feel it when it begins, as it's slow to worsen.  Looks like fluids will have to be changed at least every 20-25k?  Strange for a transmission without a dipstick or way to fill without a computer.

Not really that hard to fill the trans fluid. It can be a little messy but not at all hard. Plenty of videos on how to do it on Youtube. Hardest part is removing the pan. I was able to rotate the pan and it came right out. No jacking of exhaust needed. I did mine when the temp sensor went out. That was an easy, messy replacement, too.