Installed an Aries Bull bar today. Angles match the Magnum headache rack nicely. If you install one, do yourself a favor and ignore the instructions. I wrestled with that thing way too long trying to get the bar on the brackets before pulling the brackets back off and putting them on the bar first.

PXL_20220831_171857768~2.jpg

PXL_20220831_172034347~2.jpg

14 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

Cool. Is yours a diesel? Wondering if it would block air flow? Does it block much of the camera view?

It.'s gas. Most of lower vent opening is still clear. I don't have a forward camera so I can't answer about that.

3 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Look's good. Why not a brush guard ??

Couldn't find one that looks good on these GMCs. Plus only protection I was looking for is the idiots in parking lots that don't know where the front of their car ends. Or when the zombie apocalypse comes and I need to shove other vehicles out of my way as I flee the city.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get the looks thing and parking lot ding protection, but what kinds of impacts is a bar like that actually intended for?  I see the benefit of brush bars and big deer protection bars, but am honestly curious why this as far as functionality. It does look good, though. Thanks. 

20 hours ago, Another JR said:

I get the looks thing and parking lot ding protection, but what kinds of impacts is a bar like that actually intended for?  I see the benefit of brush bars and big deer protection bars, but am honestly curious why this as far as functionality. It does look good, though. Thanks. 

Yes I just like the look of a bull bar, had one of those or a push bar(on older trucks) on last 4 trucks. Anything between the paper thin bumper and plastic on the front of these will help. It doesn't offer the protection for the truck of a Ranchhand full replacement but those things are just too massive. Anything solid just puts your safety at risk while protecting the truck. They have crumple zones to dissipate impact energy. Then in a major serious accident all you are left with is a perfectly intact Ranchand bumper with a crumpled up truck behind it. LOL

I like your bull bar! I was looking at some but they said it might mess with the collision alert stuff, so im doing more research.

I have been looking for this style, when I was a kid we would put a tire on each horn and push cars that wouldn't run. Fond memories before plastic bumpers were invented. 

8365C466-D51D-42BC-B821-E5410D8D0FB9.png

3 hours ago, Hoginedgewood said:

I like your bull bar! I was looking at some but they said it might mess with the collision alert stuff, so im doing more research.

I have been looking for this style, when I was a kid we would put a tire on each horn and push cars that wouldn't run. Fond memories before plastic bumpers were invented. 

8365C466-D51D-42BC-B821-E5410D8D0FB9.png

Been there, done that. Only Ford I ever owned, 1981 F-100 had bumper horns and we did that exact thing to move a dumpster where I worked.

I have a former auto insurance adjuster in the family. In the past he has mentioned that there can be issues with these things in the event of a collision. He said that most of the time there is no issue. But could talk to your insurance broker and even ask to speak with an adjuster to get clear boundaries on the impact to your policy.