OIL psi jumps from 40 to 50 for a sec while cruising at 70mph

I was just on a 400 mi road trip and saw my Oil Psi go from 40 to 50 for just a second while cruising at 70 mph.  It happen twice during the trip that I saw.  I wasn't accelerating and never noticed this before.  What would cause it to jump for a second?  

• Like 1

yes its correct mobil 1 filter, just changed the oil and put in mobil 1 0w-20 fuel economy blend which I was wondering if its the MPG oil blend that may be thinner?  It was the only kind of Ow-20 that was in stock.

i'm using redline 5w-30 , i noticed my truck would pop up to 50 psi in park when i would rev slightly or blip throttle,  I'm not sure i have the correct "AC Delco" filter, i will have to stop by dealer and double check myself

using MOBIL 1 oil filter doen't mean its has the correct by-pass pressure, you just paid more $$$ hoping they did thier homework

Edited by pokismoki

On 9/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, Payton34 said:

I was just on a 400 mi road trip and saw my Oil Psi go from 40 to 50 for just a second while cruising at 70 mph.  It happen twice during the trip that I saw.  I wasn't accelerating and never noticed this before.  What would cause it to jump for a second?  

Read up on how a variable displacement oil pump works.