Anyone have this noice?

New to the forum! I have a 2022 Silverado Trailboss Ltd. About a month ago, while on the highway the truck would make a bang and jerk the truck. Of course it was intermittent. From that point forward, it would continue to do it and would do it on start up, both hot and cold. So it was impossible to pinpoint how to reenact. I brought it to dealer. As usual, it didn’t do it. It went back a second time a week later. They thought it was the starter and replaced it. Well that didn’t fix it either. It will be going back in next week. Has anyone had this noise? The video clip is from start up and you will hear the bang. Don’t mind my commentary. Lol.. 

That is strange. Does the knock change frequency with increase in RPMs? Side note, you may want to consider buying a cheap pair of mechanics stethoscope, it'll really help isolate sounds.

Edited by jaxcam02

The Knock seems to be more noticeable on start up in the cold lately. And then it’ll do it out of the blue when driving which then causes the slightest jerk. I appreciate the help. Going to drop off at dealership here today. Will report back once I hear from them. 

On 11/1/2022 at 4:46 PM, Mikes chev said:

Brutal!. I will pass this information to the dealership. Thanks a bunch!

Update from dealership. The noise is coming from the left side, Lifter #7 bent push rod. Hope this helps others out. I will see how the truck is one e I have it back. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:56 PM, Mikes chev said:

Update from dealership. The noise is coming from the left side, Lifter #7 bent push rod. Hope this helps others out. I will see how the truck is one e I have it back. 

Thats what I thought.