Anyone have this noice?

On 11/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Mikes chev said:

Update from dealership. The noise is coming from the left side, Lifter #7 bent push rod. Hope this helps others out. I will see how the truck is one e I have it back. 

That's a bummer.  How many miles does the truck have and does your truck have DFM?  Updates?

On 11/16/2022 at 8:55 AM, RedLT said:

That's a bummer.  How many miles does the truck have and does your truck have DFM?  Updates?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I got the truck back last Friday and so far the first week has been good. My truck just over 13000 miles and No DFM.  The only bonus out of this was I got my heated seats finally installed. So that’s a win..lol 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, Mikes chev said:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I got the truck back last Friday and so far the first week has been good. My truck just over 13000 miles and No DFM.  The only bonus out of this was I got my heated seats finally installed. So that’s a win..lol 

Thanks for the status 👍.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, Mike Duhaime said:

Dang!

what size engine? If a rod is  bent, then the lifter must be locking and causing bent push rods. I hope they are replacing the lifters too!

Hi all,

I have the 5.3. They replaced all 8 afm lifters, 1 push rod and 1 rocker. The snapping was afm lifter. Truck has been fine since repaired. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, Mike Duhaime said:

Dang!

what size engine? If a rod is  bent, then the lifter must be locking and causing bent push rods. I hope they are replacing the lifters too!

The first noise they thought it was the starter. So they replaced it. Unfortunately that’s all the dealer came up with until I was able to get the video of the snapping. 

On 11/28/2022 at 10:18 PM, Mikes chev said:

The first noise they thought it was the starter. So they replaced it. Unfortunately that’s all the dealer came up with until I was able to get the video of the snapping. 

Ouch!

I'm hoping mine will last! Sask minus 40 temps don't help. Those lifters are dry and oil starved until engine warms up

Where was you're truck built? Mine was just down the road :) in Oshawa. It seems all truck brands are suffering from lifter issues. Fords (as well as fires and steering wheels falling off!) and especially Dodge for years...hear them ticking away in parking lots

i'm hoping it's just a bad run of parts. Seen that many times

On 11/30/2022 at 8:44 AM, Mike Duhaime said:

Ouch!

I'm hoping mine will last! Sask minus 40 temps don't help. Those lifters are dry and oil starved until engine warms up

Where was you're truck built? Mine was just down the road :) in Oshawa. It seems all truck brands are suffering from lifter issues. Fords (as well as fires and steering wheels falling off!) and especially Dodge for years...hear them ticking away in parking lots

i'm hoping it's just a bad run of parts. Seen that many times

I’m in Sask as well. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again. It’s a pain in the a!!..lol. I looked up the plant where mine was built. Sunny Mexico… not sure if that’s good or bad. The only other problem I’ve had with this truck was the black paint, which is a whole other story…