Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Anyone have this noice?


Recommended Posts

On 11/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Mikes chev said:

Update from dealership. The noise is coming from the left side, Lifter #7 bent push rod. Hope this helps others out. I will see how the truck is one e I have it back. 

 

That's a bummer.  How many miles does the truck have and does your truck have DFM?  Updates?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2022 at 8:55 AM, RedLT said:

 

That's a bummer.  How many miles does the truck have and does your truck have DFM?  Updates?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I got the truck back last Friday and so far the first week has been good. My truck just over 13000 miles and No DFM.  The only bonus out of this was I got my heated seats finally installed. So that’s a win..lol 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, Mikes chev said:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I got the truck back last Friday and so far the first week has been good. My truck just over 13000 miles and No DFM.  The only bonus out of this was I got my heated seats finally installed. So that’s a win..lol 

 

 

Thanks for the status 👍.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, Mike Duhaime said:

Dang!

what size engine? If a rod is  bent, then the lifter must be locking and causing bent push rods. I hope they are replacing the lifters too!

Hi all,

 

I have the 5.3. They replaced all 8 afm lifters, 1 push rod and 1 rocker. The snapping was afm lifter. Truck has been fine since repaired. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, Mike Duhaime said:

Dang!

what size engine? If a rod is  bent, then the lifter must be locking and causing bent push rods. I hope they are replacing the lifters too!

The first noise they thought it was the starter. So they replaced it. Unfortunately that’s all the dealer came up with until I was able to get the video of the snapping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2022 at 10:18 PM, Mikes chev said:

The first noise they thought it was the starter. So they replaced it. Unfortunately that’s all the dealer came up with until I was able to get the video of the snapping. 

Ouch!

I'm hoping mine will last! Sask minus 40 temps don't help. Those lifters are dry and oil starved until engine warms up

Where was you're truck built? Mine was just down the road :) in Oshawa. It seems all truck brands are suffering from lifter issues. Fords (as well as fires and steering wheels falling off!) and especially Dodge for years...hear them ticking away in parking lots

i'm hoping it's just a bad run of parts. Seen that many times

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2022 at 8:44 AM, Mike Duhaime said:

Ouch!

I'm hoping mine will last! Sask minus 40 temps don't help. Those lifters are dry and oil starved until engine warms up

Where was you're truck built? Mine was just down the road :) in Oshawa. It seems all truck brands are suffering from lifter issues. Fords (as well as fires and steering wheels falling off!) and especially Dodge for years...hear them ticking away in parking lots

i'm hoping it's just a bad run of parts. Seen that many times

I’m in Sask as well. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again. It’s a pain in the a!!..lol. I looked up the plant where mine was built. Sunny Mexico… not sure if that’s good or bad. The only other problem I’ve had with this truck was the black paint, which is a whole other story… 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.