2022.5 Cargo bed lights secondary switch

I never really thought about before until a guy I work with got a new f150 and ordered the Ford oem bed cargo light kit and I really liked the secondary switch. I researched this a bit and there were a few aftermarket solutions and no real info on a 2022.5 as the electrical is different. He received 2 of the switches and gave one to me. I ordered the Ford wiring harness and t-tapped them in. It's weird having Ford parts, but I like that it looks factory. I wish it came that way from the factory.1039829786_PXL_20221027_1825052622.thumb.jpg.c0aeff087bc6fa0bf16ecc162f6e7d79.jpg

5 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

How big of hole did you have to cut and what did you T tap into on the truck side?

I tapped the grey wire coming from the back of the truck switch and connected it to the white wire of the Ford switch. The ground from the Ford switch was t tapped onto the ground wire for the cargo lights. You can connect this to any ground I just chose to keep the same ground as the lights and it was the easiest. I wouldn't normally use a t tap for something critical, but as this was just the cargo light I went ahead with it. I will post more pictures but it looks like I can only get 1 pic per post due to size.PXL_20221027_181708789.thumb.jpg.cb0e9d948afbf14101dc635d54009330.jpg

• Like 1

Ford cargo light switch harness. I think it was $34. Didn't get a part# for the switch as it was given to me and I didn't take a picture of the back of it. My friend had ordered it for a 2022 f150 but he had to order for a 2021 as the 22 was too new to be in the system.PXL_20221027_181805657.thumb.jpg.49de39cd203e3e42133ea6a14c3a774d.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fla Eagle said:

I tapped the grey wire coming from the back of the truck switch and connected it to the white wire of the Ford switch. The ground from the Ford switch was t tapped onto the ground wire for the cargo lights. You can connect this to any ground I just chose to keep the same ground as the lights and it was the easiest. I wouldn't normally use a t tap for something critical, but as this was just the cargo light I went ahead with it. I will post more pictures but it looks like I can only get 1 pic per post due to size.PXL_20221027_181708789.thumb.jpg.cb0e9d948afbf14101dc635d54009330.jpg

If you are connecting the wire from the cargo switch to the Ford switch and then grounding the other wire (ground) on the Ford switch then where does the Ford harness come into play? Is the Ford switch a latching switch or a monetary switch?