Gatorback Flaps?

I've been annoyed to find that quite a bit of mud and other debris ends up on the body of the truck with the factory flaps.  Thinking about installing the Gatorbacks, anyone have any luck with them?  How is the install process?

Not Gatorbacks but I just installed a set of Duraflaps, they are great and very easy to install. They are kinda pricy but so are gatorbacks I guess. Worth a look you can get them in different sizes and art on the weights.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CHIp070 said:

Installed the step back gatorbacks on my truck. I quite like them and they keep the truck alot cleaner than the stock molded. Install is great using all factor holes and not having to drill into the sheet metal. 

20220507_174337.jpg

I wondered if the stepped flaps fit over the stock extended flap?  It looks like that's what you have done but just checking to be sure.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:48 AM, Skeld said:

I wondered if the stepped flaps fit over the stock extended flap?  It looks like that's what you have done but just checking to be sure.

Yeah I was going to ask that too because on an installation video I saw you take them off and replace with short ones they provide. 
the gator back flaps look very secure but the way they mount looks a bit sloppy on the wheel well if I’m honest. 

These ones fit over the factory extended flare. Did not receive a different cap with mine. They're roughly 2 years old, maybe the changed the design. The top clip is a pressure clip that latches onto the plastic flare, it is quite secure. Rest is factory screws holes. Zero movement since i installed them on 2 different trucks. 

See link fo the ones i have.

https://www.truckhardware.ca/products/1070

Edited by CHIp070