Discount off MSRP

The big rebates may never return especially with the High price of Electric vehicles. I think the Higher MRSP is to get  customers adjusted to paying more.

That being said I have seen some dealer discounts on 2023 trucks.

My dealer knocked off $3K on my 22.

1 hour ago, BigBadSierra said:

The big rebates may never return especially with the High price of Electric vehicles. I think the Higher MRSP is to get  customers adjusted to paying more.

That being said I have seen some dealer discounts on 2023 trucks.

My dealer knocked off $3K on my 22.

This is exactly right. All these huge jumps in “msrp” will be used to offer “discounts” when times get a bit tough but it’s just a false discount off an inflated msrp. So actually no discounts. 

Same thing has already happened in other big ticket industries like furniture. Price’s literally doubled or more on furniture from 2020 til now. I’ll say that again, more than doubled on most furniture. Any discount people think they received is off a pice that has doubled or more than doubled. I.e. you’re getting hosed. 

2 hours ago, Pryme said:

This is exactly right. All these huge jumps in “msrp” will be used to offer “discounts” when times get a bit tough but it’s just a false discount off an inflated msrp. So actually no discounts. 

Same thing has already happened in other big ticket industries like furniture. Price’s literally doubled or more on furniture from 2020 til now. I’ll say that again, more than doubled on most furniture. Any discount people think they received is off a pice that has doubled or more than doubled. I.e. you’re getting hosed. 

This isnt a fair argument. A "Deal" or "good price" or whatever you want to call it is based related to what others can pay right now not in the past. So if others are paying MSRP and you are paying less then MSRP then by definition you are getting a deal...

Just like the house I bought in 2019 was great compared to the houses now in 2022 but if you compare my house to what it went for in 2008, It was not great... Again time period matters...

Anyway back on target. Where them dealers giving 3k off msrp Lol I'll take that vs MSRP all day every day. Also for comparison - RAM dealers are giving like ~11% off MSRP at some larger volume dealers. 

4 minutes ago, pr3dict said:

This isnt a fair argument. A "Deal" or "good price" or whatever you want to call it is based related to what others can pay right now not in the past. So if others are paying MSRP and you are paying less then MSRP then by definition you are getting a deal...

Just like the house I bought in 2019 was great compared to the houses now in 2022 but if you compare my house to what it went for in 2008, It was not great... Again time period matters...

Anyway back on target. Where them dealers giving 3k off msrp Lol I'll take that vs MSRP all day every day. Also for comparison - RAM dealers are giving like ~11% off MSRP at some larger volume dealers. 

I agree.  hard to compare now vs 2 years ago.  The deal is only relavent to what you can buy today.  bread was 10 cents  a loaf 50 years go too.  

Any dealer giving true anything off MSRP is unicorn right now.

The rig I ordered has a MSRP of $78,000 including all fees. The dealer is giving it to me for $73,000 out the door, not including taxes or any other extras I may opt for, such as extended warranty. That also doesn't include any GM incentives which may be available when I take delivery next month (if shipping is not delayed).

The dealer also offers a free lifetime powertrain warranty which is automatically included, unlimited years and miles.

Edit: https://www.robideaux.com/ <-- Dealer website.

thumbnail_Screenshot_20221222_165935_Yahoo Mail.jpg

thumbnail_Lifetime Powertrain Warranty no cost.jpg

Edited by Davew277
Added dealer info

17 hours ago, Davew277 said:

The rig I ordered has a MSRP of $78,000 including all fees. The dealer is giving it to me for $73,000 out the door, not including taxes or any other extras I may opt for, such as extended warranty. That also doesn't include any GM incentives which may be available when I take delivery next month (if shipping is not delayed).

The dealer also offers a free lifetime powertrain warranty which is automatically included, unlimited years and miles.

Edit: https://www.robideaux.com/ <-- Dealer website.

Damn thats a good deal but its over 2500 miles away lol. 

Edited by pr3dict

11 hours ago, pr3dict said:

Damn thats a good deal but its over 2500 miles away lol. 

You can possibly find a deal like this closer to you. I would try checking dealers that are not near major cities. I believe that they will charge more for their order allocations since they have more buyers than allocations available. It's only a theory of mine since I don't know for sure how it works. But all of the dealers I've dealt with recently in major cities wanted to charge over MSRP.

Just build a truck and request price quotes from a lot of dealers and see what comes back.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:43 AM, pr3dict said:

Hey everyone. I'm curious what kind of deals people are finding in the wild on custom builds.

Specifically for me anyone know a trustworthy dealer offering any discounts in the northeast or east coast? 

I didn't do a custom build, but I just bought a Sierra 2500 AT4 from https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/ and honestly, I can't recommend them enough to other buyers. These guys are outstanding.

These guys, more specifically our sales man Ross Mandernach, were amazingly easy to work with. Zero pressure, no hidden costs, no gotchas, no crazy up charges that I was getting from other dealers.

Laura GMC was the only dealer that had a huge selection of AT4's. Most dealers have 1-2 and others had zero but a couple in transit that they would have loved for me to buy before it arrived. Laura had 29 AT'4 as of just a few days ago and nearly as many Denali's.

So, not only being a fantastic process. I also got my AT4 for nearly $6,000 off MSRP.

@pr3dict I don't know where you're coming from but if you're up for a drive check these guys out. I just checked this morning on carguru and autotrader and only found 2 dealers that are selling under MSRP, but those were only $3,000 off.

2 hours ago, sage55 said:

I didn't do a custom build, but I just bought a Sierra 2500 AT4 from https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/ and honestly, I can't recommend them enough to other buyers. These guys are outstanding.

These guys, more specifically our sales man Ross Mandernach, were amazingly easy to work with. Zero pressure, no hidden costs, no gotchas, no crazy up charges that I was getting from other dealers.

Laura GMC was the only dealer that had a huge selection of AT4's. Most dealers have 1-2 and others had zero but a couple in transit that they would have loved for me to buy before it arrived. Laura had 29 AT'4 as of just a few days ago and nearly as many Denali's.

So, not only being a fantastic process. I also got my AT4 for nearly $6,000 off MSRP.

@pr3dict I don't know where you're coming from but if you're up for a drive check these guys out. I just checked this morning on carguru and autotrader and only found 2 dealers that are selling under MSRP, but those were only $3,000 off.

I'll hit them up. Im coming from NY worth the drive to pull off $5000+ msrp.

I notice the dealers around here are suddenly flush with 1500 1/2 ton trucks, local dealer has 17 Silverado's and 9 Sierra's. Most are discounted ranging up to $3800,  except for the 3 GMC Sierra Denali's at msrp, 1 has Super Cruise at msrp $86,640..

Edited by elcamino

4 hours ago, pr3dict said:

I'll hit them up. Im coming from NY worth the drive to pull off $5000+ msrp.

I know this might sound crazy, but Laura says on their website they offer free airport pickup from the St Louis airport. Based on their Google reviews, several people have taken them up on that offer too.

They are certainly a step-up over many other dealers I've dealt with in my long history of buying and trucks and cars.

39 minutes ago, asilverblazer said:

Interest rates are up, who wants a 7% rate when a 2% was the norm not long ago. I'm not seeing anything less than 6.5 around here. That's with "here, take our money" credit too.

Used interest rates are certainly high. New isn't great but it's a lot better than used. GM is offering 4.69% on new 2500's up to 60 months.

My credit union is at 4.59% @ 60 months. They were close to 2.00% back in August. It deff hurts... 

I called laura's They claimed to be the largest volume dealer in the country and would do 2024 3500 orders @ MSRP - No discount though. I think my local dealer also doesnt charge over MSRP so I'd probably just save the ride and get it here if it came down to it. 

I have until Feb 12th for RAM to get their crap together. I have a 3500 limited on order but they screwed up something and my order has been help since 9/11/22 while other trucks are being produced and shipped (and it's pissing me off) anyways. We'll see.