Discount off MSRP

1 hour ago, pr3dict said:

I called laura's They claimed to be the largest volume dealer in the country and would do 2024 3500 orders @ MSRP - No discount though.

Yeah they told me the same thing about being the largest volume. I have no way to confirm that, but after seeing their lot size (it's HUGE) and the fact they have SOOO many trucks (both 1500's and 2500's) I can only guess they aren't lying. I can't see GM sending them tons of trucks if they weren't moving them. When all the dealers within 200 miles of me, either have nothing or 1-2 AT4's.

Sucks to hear no discount on the custom order though.

I have until Feb 12th for RAM to get their crap together. I have a 3500 limited on order but they screwed up something and my order has been help since 9/11/22 while other trucks are being produced and shipped (and it's pissing me off) anyways. We'll see.

Has RAM built the truck already and you're just waiting for delivery at this point, or have they not even started on it yet?

2 hours ago, sage55 said:

Has RAM built the truck already and you're just waiting for delivery at this point, or have they not even started on it yet?

Not even started yet. I ordered first day the banks opened up 9/11/22 and apparently they screwed up and had options that like werent fully baked yet or something so the truck I have is a frankenstein build that cant be built and they are having trouble editing the order? All this while I was told for months not to worry that it would be fine and thousands of other trucks built that were placed after me. 

I cant just reorder a new one either because pricing has gone up and some of the packages are no longer allocated or something. So I have a feeling they are going to have me cancel and I'll be getting a GMC. 

Not even started yet. I ordered first day the banks opened up 9/11/22 and apparently they screwed up and had options that like werent fully baked yet or something so the truck I have is a frankenstein build that cant be built and they are having trouble editing the order? All this while I was told for months not to worry that it would be fine and thousands of other trucks built that were placed after me. 

I cant just reorder a new one either because pricing has gone up and some of the packages are no longer allocated or something. So I have a feeling they are going to have me cancel and I'll be getting a GMC. 

Beat them to the punch and just get the GMC ha. 

• Haha 1

I wonder how much of this has to do with CAFE?    Too many V8's so they are throttling back and pushing out I4's?   They have done this before, telling dealers they can trucks but they must be a certain configuration, only choice the have is color.  Dealer has to take 10 I4's and they will give him a Trail Boss allocation. 

5 hours ago, elcamino said:

I wonder how much of this has to do with CAFE?    Too many V8's so they are throttling back and pushing out I4's?   They have done this before, telling dealers they can trucks but they must be a certain configuration, only choice the have is color.  Dealer has to take 10 I4's and they will give him a Trail Boss allocation. 

In my area GM is running commercials showing the 1500 silverado having a bunch of discounts but only on the 2.7 turbo. Says it right in the commercial. 

I just bought a 2023 2500 HD LTZ.  They started $8,185 under MSRP and we negotiated from there.  It was by far the best deal I found in the area to include comparable trucks from Ram and Ford.  Some dealers are still doing the $10k over MSRP for “market adjustment.”  The truck I bought was on the lot and not a custom build.  It is also on the complete other side of the country in comparison to the northeast.  Maybe this wasn’t what you’re looking for, but there are discounts out there.

Edited by Csj1028
Forgot to cross the I and dot the T.

10 hours ago, Csj1028 said:

I just bought a 2023 2500 HD LTZ.  They started $8,185 under MSRP and we negotiated from there.  It was by far the best deal I found in the area to include comparable trucks from Ram and Ford.  Some dealers are still doing the $10k over MSRP for “market adjustment.”  The truck I bought was on the lot and not a custom build.  It is also on the complete other side of the country in comparison to the northeast.  Maybe this wasn’t what you’re looking for, but there are discounts out there.

Sounds like a great deal, I live in the Northeast and had to go out of state.I wound up getting almost 6k of my 22 LT 2500hd it was sitting on the lot but had 90% of what I would have ordered.