Pro Tailgate Repair Questions

I recently had my pro tailgate repair and the top portion was replaced. (fifth wheel fell on tailgate) I know, I know. learned the hard way... 

It pulled the tailgate back and bent the tailgate pins. Honestly it looks like they just beat them back into place and their are hammer marks around the pins. (certified insurance shop...)

Besides that, when i push/pull the tailgate it has a decent amount of wobble. I don't remember if it moved before or if it did how much it did. It opens and closes just fine and looks to be in line from all seams i can see. I am taking it back to the shop because the top part of the tailgate is still caved in a bit.... 

Just wanted to ask how much play the tailgate has while closed and if there's anything i should be looking at when i take it back. I can add pictures if needed once it stop pouring rain. 

Also why I didn't notice it at the shop.

My '21 1500 might have a 1/8th give. The '22 3500 and '23 2500 both have none. The 2500 wouldn't drop when cab, remote or the tailgate button was pushed. But it is now dropping. Getting broke in I guess.

Another report of no play nor any hang-ups when elec lock is released.

OP -  Given your description of the repair, I would be negotiating with insurance to have the entire tailgate replaced.

I hope you're successful.

Thank you. Not something you really think about beforehand. 
they replaced the upper part of the tailgate, “fixed” the bedside and tailgate locking pins. I’m beyond frustrated as this is one of the worst repair jobs I’ve ever had done in anything. 

7F53C8EF-7017-4BFB-8078-7457063DCDAB.jpeg

CB3B5A38-DDDF-423E-BCEE-7FAAF6C20093.jpeg

The lock pins have a little wiggle room to adjust for slope. Body shop could have just loosened the pins to adjust and retighened. A person can take a 1 inch pipe to the pin and apply enough pressure to bend the sheet metal around the pin to allow even more adjustment.

That looks like a hack job. I'm surprised they had to move the pin "in" and not "up". By the looks of it, they are out of "in" adjustment.

13 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

The lock pins have a little wiggle room to adjust for slope. Body shop could have just loosened the pins to adjust and retighened. A person can take a 1 inch pipe to the pin and apply enough pressure to bend the sheet metal around the pin to allow even more adjustment.

That looks like a hack job. I'm surprised they had to move the pin "in" and not "up". By the looks of it, they are out of "in" adjustment.

The pins are angled differently. 

Hack job describes this perfectly.. They had my truck for almost two months to do this work also...