Whistling sound from drivers side at 45mph or greater

1 minute ago, grandpapa20_ said:

Man, I absolutely love shooting guns. I take one of my favorite rifles out every couple months just to shoot it and make sure it’s still sighted in. It’s set pretty good for a few hundred yards. 

Ok Lucifer, you sucked me in.....sorry all, it's his fault...lol.....I have built 3 AR's, gave 2 of them away but kept one just to say I have one.  It's fun to shoot, but I hate the greentips.  Totally will clog up the lugs.  I have 3 AK's.  And I wouldn't ever part with any of them.  They might not be as accurate at long distances as my AR, but they have a hell of round and hit.  For a carrying gun at all times, I love the Springfield XDE 9mm.  It is hammer fired and I don't have to worry about it going off unintentionally like glocks, and yes I own a glock but would never carry it concealed.  And this is totally off the charts from the OP.....Honestly if I was a moderator on this forum, I would have totally shut us both down...lol....anyhow....my email is [email protected] me up there and let's talk guns or whatever.  I do love guns for sure..

• Like 1

My 04 2500 WT is quieter than my 04 Caddy, go figure. Tinnitus for 35+ years, Too much rock&roll, race cars and explosions. Hearing aids for the last 10 years. Shooting without ear protection is very painful now for some reason. If you suspect weatherstripping a trip thru the car wash may help locate it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, richard wysong said:

My 04 2500 WT is quieter than my 04 Caddy, go figure. Tinnitus for 35+ years, Too much rock&roll, race cars and explosions. Hearing aids for the last 10 years. Shooting without ear protection is very painful now for some reason. If you suspect weatherstripping a trip thru the car wash may help locate it

That's a great idea of going through a carwash.  I didn't even think about that.....very cool.....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, grandpapa20_ said:

My wife and I sleep with a fan on high and still doesn’t help that much drowning out the noise but oh well. It’ll be there the rest of my life and I’ll just have to deal with it. Guess mine is caused by shooting pistols and rifles and not being smart enough to wear ear protection. 

I once put a box of 20 rounds through my 30-06 at the range when I was younger and didn’t have ear protection. I thought I went deaf I was a bit worried. Only on the one side. It took a couple hours but my hearing came back. No lasting damage but I’ll never do that again 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pryme said:

I once put a box of 20 rounds through my 30-06 at the range when I was younger and didn’t have ear protection. I thought I went deaf I was a bit worried. Only on the one side. It took a couple hours but my hearing came back. No lasting damage but I’ll never do that again 

I sure do love my .06. Can hit target at 300 yards. 

• Like 1

Alright, You all are totally going to get me kicked off this forum....BASTARDS....lol......I love you all though.  It's nice to have a place late at night when you're home from work, wife is in bed asleep, to have a nice conversation with others...and of course trying to help others too.  I do love the bantering and the off topic conversations as well....But we truly need to focus on the OP. OK?  You all have my email..hit me up at any time.....it's all good...

• Like 1

Just now, grandpapa20_ said:

Man, it’s always good to just bs with other people about anything and everything. No matter the subject it’s all good times and great convo. 

I agree, it's so much fun at all times.  But you Lucifer started this....and I got wrapped up into as well.....I didn't help at all....lol...I love it all...I'm just hoping I don't get kicked off here.  I always want to help and enjoy the great convo as you stated.  It really is nice isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I agree, it's so much fun at all times.  But you Lucifer started this....and I got wrapped up into as well.....I didn't help at all....lol...I love it all...I'm just hoping I don't get kicked off here.  I always want to help and enjoy the great convo as you stated.  It really is nice isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

Man it really is always a joy. But the whole gun thing is a fun thing to talk about. We won’t get kicked off here. If we do my apologies ahead of time. It would be stupid if they kicked us off though. 

• Like 1

Just now, grandpapa20_ said:

Man it really is always a joy. But the whole gun thing is a fun thing to talk about. We won’t get kicked off here. If we do my apologies ahead of time. It would be stupid if they kicked us off though. 

You're right, but as a prior moderator on several other sites, it was my job to keep things in focus and not let the OP get left behind.  And I hope the OP knows now that using a non-residue tape will help them figure out where the wind noise is coming from.  I hate noises except while I'm sleeping.....lol.....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Don't know if y'all have that.

I'll take your advice and try that out, Jett. Mainly just have always tried to not focus on it.

And I think that's the best thing to do.  I'm so used to my ears ringing, but I try not to focus on it.  Turn the radio up a little bit, use some kind of fan or air purifier at night.  Always have some kind of noise when sleeping.  Like I said earlier, if I'm sleeping somewhere where it's dead silent, I have a fan app on my phone that is amazing and helps me big time.  My tinnitus has been caused by 2 things.  Number 1, I've always worked in a noisy environment...Yes I used ear plugs as much as possible, but when you're working around commercial aircraft, that's not always the best option.  But a good option..... #2.  I take a 80mg aspirin everyday.  Why?  Because my Aunt that is retired now was a Doctor for many years and told me that when I turn 20 to take one everyday.  And I've read that doing that can cause tinnitus too.  So I don't know.  I'm 56.  So either the noisy environment caused it or was it the baby aspirin everyday for the last 36 years???  Who knows...either way, I'm going to croak at some point...And I hope my aunt helped me just a little bit to hang around to help others as much as I can.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2023 at 7:14 PM, GMC4Zee said:

Just as the topic says, I get a whistle from somewhere on the drivers side at speeds above 45mph. I do have the tow mirrors and cab lights on my 3500AT4 so wondering if they may be the cause. Have not gone to dealer yet. Of course when I roll the window down the wind noise masks the whistle so have not been able to pin point. Anybody else have this issue?

This is certainly not what we like to hear, GMC4Zee.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 GMC 3500 AT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: GMC4Zee/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 6:14 PM, GMC4Zee said:

Just as the topic says, I get a whistle from somewhere on the drivers side at speeds above 45mph. I do have the tow mirrors and cab lights on my 3500AT4 so wondering if they may be the cause. Have not gone to dealer yet. Of course when I roll the window down the wind noise masks the whistle so have not been able to pin point. Anybody else have this issue?

Did you’re truck come missing the hood insulation?  My 23.  From day one it has made a faint whistling sound like you describe.  It drives me nuts having a new vehicle do this.  Got me to thinking maybe it’s because the hood insulation is missing.  I got a notice the other day the part has came in so hopefully after it’s installed it will go away.  As soon as I get it installed I’ll update.