TPMS Relearn Tool

I had two threads running, this one and a second on Cruise Control. Thought I would add to both via this post, as the new info was obtained from the same source.

Had the truck in to the dealer today, for the recall installation of the missing heated seats module.

While there, I spoke with one of the service reps (one of the more senior guys, who has been there for years) about the two issues described in the two threads - how to change the TPMS psi point at which the low psi warning would activate and why my Cruise Control allows the truck to go at least 19 kmh past the CC set speed.

Regarding TPMS, the service rep stated the factory sets the psi warning at 3 psi below the factory recommended setting and there is no equipment that one could purchase that would allow the user to change this setting. He advised the vehicle would have to be brought in for service and he wasn't even sure they could actually do this. I didn't tell him that I have bee driving with the PSI at 70, rather than the recommended 80.

Regarding CC, the rep advised me that CC is not intended to brake/slow the vehicle when it goes over the set speed when it goes downhill, that is up to the driver to do. It is only intended to accelerate the vehicles speed until it reaches the set speed and then generally maintain that speed. Didn't have the time/patience to challenge his position.

So, I doubt I will get any further assistance from this dealer on these issues.

Marv

16 minutes ago, marpel said:

I had two threads running, this one and a second on Cruise Control. Thought I would add to both via this post, as the new info was obtained from the same source.

Had the truck in to the dealer today, for the recall installation of the missing heated seats module.

While there, I spoke with one of the service reps (one of the more senior guys, who has been there for years) about the two issues described in the two threads - how to change the TPMS psi point at which the low psi warning would activate and why my Cruise Control allows the truck to go at least 19 kmh past the CC set speed.

Regarding TPMS, the service rep stated the factory sets the psi warning at 3 psi below the factory recommended setting and there is no equipment that one could purchase that would allow the user to change this setting. He advised the vehicle would have to be brought in for service and he wasn't even sure they could actually do this. I didn't tell him that I have bee driving with the PSI at 70, rather than the recommended 80.

Regarding CC, the rep advised me that CC is not intended to brake/slow the vehicle when it goes over the set speed when it goes downhill, that is up to the driver to do. It is only intended to accelerate the vehicles speed until it reaches the set speed and then generally maintain that speed. Didn't have the time/patience to challenge his position.

So, I doubt I will get any further assistance from this dealer on these issues.

Marv

Ok, so here I go.  #1 the cruise control will definitely slow the vehicle down by downshifting into a lower gear to help lower the speeds when going above the set speed using engine compression.  At least that's what my truck does.  #2.  I run 60 in the rear tires and 50 in the front when not towing.  And I've never had a tire pressure light warning.  And again, that is with my truck.  So I'm not saying this person doesn't know what they are talking about.  But what I will say is, "concerning my truck" what you were told is not how my truck reacts at all.  Perhaps it's time to find another dealer or service rep.  I hate them all to be honest, well not hate, I guess it's more that I don't trust a thing that comes out of their mouths.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:59 PM, marpel said:

this is 100% false.

the low light threshold is 20% below what is posted on the placard.

also, there are tools that can reprogram the thresholds. I have one. mine are set at 45 and 40.