2023 Sierra Denali Ultimate

9 hours ago, Paul Ventimiglia said:

Hello All!

this is my fourth Denali and I've loved them all - but on the new Denali ultimate(I assume on any trucks with the new big screen interface) - the interface is so slow.  It takes 2-4 seconds to change a song or just change the screen to something else. 

is this normal??

From all of the posts I've seen about it. Yes that is normal unfortunately.

Just now, O_J_Simpson said:

GM is having some serious info screen issues. Don't give up. The refresh is some time in June 2023 as the 2024 mid year refresh. This is one of the many issues they will be working to fix.

Awesome good to know they are working to fix it!   Hopefully the maps get better as well.  It takes forever for my truck to display the speed on any and every road.  

what other issues are you having?

The main infotainment screen can definitely be a bit sluggish, mostly with the built-in google maps animation. Although I was playing around with XM Radio and browsing various settings the other day and it wasn't as bad as when I first used it. I suspect it was downloading some updates, or off-line maps, as it does somewhat often.

In either case, I use Android Auto most of the time, so it hasn't been an issue for me. Which has actually been quite reliable. Unless you're using voice, then the delay is a bit annoying. 

EDIT: I will add that over the past year I've used the latest infotainment systems from many different manufactures. Overall, I have to give the edge to GM for general usability and stability, especially with AA. Audi is a close second (stable, but not intuitive). I haven't had any random disconnects like with RAM Uconnect. Or Bluetooth phone calls dropping like Toyota did. Or just complete infotainment system crashing as Ford Sync likes to do. 

Edited by omegafiler