Post your Gear Ratio / Tire Size MPG

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, chris.lee718 said:

Did the tune get you those numbers or are you driving down hill on the highway? 馃槀

LOL! I just did the tune to keep the 5.3 running on top tier gas.
I don't think it made a difference for MPG.
I, suppose, I could re-tune to e85 and check it out but I have no interest in doing so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

LOL! I just did the tune to keep the 5.3 running on top tier gas.
I don't think it made a difference for MPG.
I, suppose, I could re-tune to e85 and check it out but I have no interest in doing so.

Is the diablew tune (I'm guessing that's what you have) really worth the $600?

Edited by chris.lee718

35s w/ 4.56 and a bunch of other dumb stuff going on (nothing besides gears mechanically yet, but extra weight and drag). Average is I think 13 if computer can be trusted/ was corrected right, can do 18 or so on the highway if I keep it under 70, but aero becomes a problem.

Never really cared about mileage with this thing tbh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tannerga said:

35s w/ 4.56 and a bunch of other dumb stuff going on (nothing besides gears mechanically yet, but extra weight and drag). Average is I think 13 if computer can be trusted/ was corrected right, can do 18 or so on the highway if I keep it under 70, but aero becomes a problem.

Never really cared about mileage with this thing tbh.

Are you running wide tires and a big lift?聽

14 minutes ago, chris.lee718 said:

Are you running wide tires and a big lift?聽

Hard to find a narrow 35 that I'd want to drive on the highway, but 35x12.5 ridge grapplers. (4.10s would be a better match if I wasn't building a dumb thing)

Also carry around an extra probably 800 pounds between a decked, camper shell, and stuff that lives in it, just 4 inch bds on the lift and aftermarket bumper/ some fender trimming to fit the tires, but enough that it's worse than the usual brick going down the road. Obnoxious tow mirrors going on for boat/ trailer reasons. (Don't think I towed anything in that 13 average over the last 50, but maybe had a kayak on top of it Monday and lifetime since the lift/other dumb stuff via trip odometer is 13.9 last I looked (to be fair, more towing, off-road, and general not highway than most over those 10kish miles).

If I have to start going to an office again, will buy a beater civic or something, but mileage was not a design concern.

Beater civic would also give me an excuse to start with the engine work, so I expect mileage gets worse after that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tannerga said:

Hard to find a narrow 35 that I'd want to drive on the highway, but 35x12.5 ridge grapplers. (4.10s would be a better match if I wasn't building a dumb thing)

Also carry around an extra probably 800 pounds between a decked, camper shell, and stuff that lives in it, just 4 inch bds on the lift and aftermarket bumper/ some fender trimming to fit the tires, but enough that it's worse than the usual brick going down the road. Obnoxious tow mirrors going on for boat/ trailer reasons. (Don't think I towed anything in that 13 average over the last 50, but maybe had a kayak on top of it Monday and lifetime since the lift/other dumb stuff via trip odometer is 13.9 last I looked (to be fair, more towing, off-road, and general not highway than most over those 10kish miles).

If I have to start going to an office again, will buy a beater civic or something, but mileage was not a design concern.

Beater civic would also give me an excuse to start with the engine work, so I expect mileage gets worse after that.

Okay.... Let me see this warlock.聽