Electrical Issues with Door and Steering Wheel

I have an 09 Silverado that just randomly started having several electrical issues. I noticed first when my key fob didn't unlock the truck. Drivers side controls don't work, rear window controls don't work, lights knob doesn't work, steering wheel controls, turn signals, windshield wipers, brights, and possibly other things all aren't working. The dash is saying that the hood is open and to service the 4 wheel drive system. Opening the door doesn't trigger interior lights to turn on or the radio to turn off after turning the truck off. I would lean towards the driver door module, but I wouldn't think that would affect the steering wheel and other controls or cause the alerts for hood open. Is there a relay that all these are tied to somewhere?

Welcome to the Forum! Have you checked for codes? Body codes will not trigger a check engine light. My guess is a bad ground possibly in the area of the drivers kick panel but without a wiring diagram that is just a guess

On 3/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, richard wysong said:

Welcome to the Forum! Have you checked for codes? Body codes will not trigger a check engine light. My guess is a bad ground possibly in the area of the drivers kick panel but without a wiring diagram that is just a guess

Thanks for the reply! I did check the codes and it threw 7 different ones for the BCM. Most say something along the lines of circuit malfunction or lost communication. I'm assuming the BCM is just bad on it, but not sure how it went bad so suddenly.

Do you have a lot of rain where you are at?  I was recently doing some work on my 2009 Silverado and had to remove several of the panels.  We normally don't have much rain but this winter it has rained quite a lot, I pulled the threshold cover under the door and found that the rain had filled the space under the cover had refilled with water.  If your truck has the same problem check for a break in the wiring as that could cause a short and the water will short to the chassis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 11:18 PM, richard wysong said:

Before you fire the parts cannon get a wiring diagram and run a voltage drop test on the grounds and power supply to the bcm

Any idea where I could find a wiring diagram? My Google search is coming up empty.