Hey everyone, my name is JT and I am a new GM owner here. Prior to this, I used to have an F150 lariat from 2007-2021. I just picked up my 2023 GMC Sierra Elevation w/ the 13" screen and non-bose audio last week. I am finding the audio quality from the factory paper speakers very poor and I wanted an upgrade. I purchased some 6x9 speakers (crutchfield) for the front doors and attempted to swap them today, however, realized that I do not want to cut the factory speaker plug in order to install these. Has anyone here done this install and used an adapter of some sort? I've tried googling some speaker harnesses but cannot figure out which one I need. Any help is much appreciated. 

20230327_195554.jpg

The front and rear door speaker adapters that Crutchfield sells for the 2019-2021 GM Trucks are plug and play. For the dash speakers you want the Metra 72-4573 adapters.  You can find them on eBay.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 1:06 AM, jatinderkhangura said:

@Bikerjon I got the JL Audio C1-690x for my front door speakers

How are you liking them?  I put some jl w0s and really like how they sound. So would need the c1s (6.5 & 6x9) to have good mid sounds as that's where I'm hurting now

• 10 months later...

What are you gonna do about your dash speakers?

specially since that's where the phone and chimes sound comes from.

I'm trying to upgrade from BOSE system, all 6 speakers.