This is one of the many reasons we buy our HD trucks

13 hours ago, UWSkier said:

We almost bought the 2800BH (assume that's what you have) to give our dog a place to sleep and to get the bunk storage! :)

Yes we have the 2800BH.  We love it and will have it for years, it's just a tad too big for us but it's hard to complain about having lots of room!

Jet, at first glance my initial thought was "that trailer is nothing behind that truck" And that's exactly the point of HD's. Whenever I've had anything behind my HD, I knew I was in charge by way of overwhelming force. Can't put a price on that kind of confidence.  

We had a pretty decent size trailer boat (6000#) I pulled with my 3500 Silverado some 20 years ago. Went all over on week long trips to Lake Erie and the TVA lakes in Tn/Ky for many years with friends. And more to your point, made friends that I'm still good friends with today even though we've scattered all over the states. It's funny how most of them have transitioned to campers. One guy even sold his house when he retired, bought a class A coach and never lets grass grow under his tires. 

Interestingly, I was talking with some friends the other day and it's when I realized, "I've always been in a truck family. All my best memories were fishing and hunting with my dad, my granddad, uncles and whenever we talk about old times that's how we dated the period, buy what truck, color, who had where, someone always had a memory of the role a certain truck made at this or that moment of life" .... There's a lot to American life and trucks. 

i sent a photo to a buddy of mine in the UK, he said "that's a beast but dude, you could barely drive that here our roads are so small and you'd never find a place to park it" .... I thought, that's kind of sad, you'll never know what your missing. 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 11:40 PM, Leonardo Willi said:

Jet, at first glance my initial thought was "that trailer is nothing behind that truck" And that's exactly the point of HD's. Whenever I've had anything behind my HD, I knew I was in charge by way of overwhelming force. Can't put a price on that kind of confidence.  

We had a pretty decent size trailer boat (6000#) I pulled with my 3500 Silverado some 20 years ago. Went all over on week long trips to Lake Erie and the TVA lakes in Tn/Ky for many years with friends. And more to your point, made friends that I'm still good friends with today even though we've scattered all over the states. It's funny how most of them have transitioned to campers. One guy even sold his house when he retired, bought a class A coach and never lets grass grow under his tires. 

Interestingly, I was talking with some friends the other day and it's when I realized, "I've always been in a truck family. All my best memories were fishing and hunting with my dad, my granddad, uncles and whenever we talk about old times that's how we dated the period, buy what truck, color, who had where, someone always had a memory of the role a certain truck made at this or that moment of life" .... There's a lot to American life and trucks. 

i sent a photo to a buddy of mine in the UK, he said "that's a beast but dude, you could barely drive that here our roads are so small and you'd never find a place to park it" .... I thought, that's kind of sad, you'll never know what your missing. 

I think that's one of the best comments I've read in a long time.  God love you all....Be well and thank you so much for that reply.  Life is short, enjoy it all you can because life is all about making memories, not just for you, but for all family and friends around.  I love this!!

• Like 1

Love seeing all of you with GD trailers. We love ours! Coming up on 2 years of owning it. Plan on keeping ours till the kids are teenagers.

I really want a 5th wheel Reflection... but can't justify it as we need the truck bed for my 120lb dog and meat smoker. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, the8rotor said:

Love seeing all of you with GD trailers. We love ours! Coming up on 2 years of owning it. Plan on keeping ours till the kids are teenagers.

I really want a 5th wheel Reflection... but can't justify it as we need the truck bed for my 120lb dog and meat smoker. 

We love ours too.  The only reason I would get a 5th wheel is just because I've never owned one before.  But in all honesty, I can't find one that surpasses our GD 2800BH....I've watched a ton of videos on youtube...I just love our layout and the room we have.  One of my favorite youtube guy that does reviews is Josh the RV nerd..That dude is 100% honest and spot on with RV reviews.

Edited by Jettech1

I met Josh at an RV show in Novi MI last fall. He was doing seminars in the afternoon and I got a picture with him afterwards. He is much more subdued in person. He started out at their store in Coldwater MI.

20220929_155733.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

I met Josh at an RV show in Novi MI last fall. He was doing seminars in the afternoon and I got a picture with him afterwards. He is much more subdued in person. He started out at their store in Coldwater MI.

20220929_155733.jpg

I'm so jealous!!