Picture of this beast I saw today, Is this look part of a package offered by GM?

I have been in the market for a new half ton and I was thinking about getting the new 23 1500 Elevation. Today, me and my brother saw this truck in the mall parking. After seeing this I'm 100% set on getting a GM truck. This truck had yellow lights around the headlights and beefy tires. They looked like 35 inch tires or bigger. It also sounded menacing, it had the 6.2L badge. Since it was running, we waited for 10mins hoping to talk to the owner, but my brother had to go somewhere, so we left. we took couple of pictures. 

And as we were leaving the mall, I took one picture of the rear, and it looked like it had dual exhaust tips on each side. I think this is the GM catback exhaust or something. I remember it being one of the options on the build page. 

I plan to visit the dealership soon and I'll show these pictures to the salesman and see if I can get this from factory.

But I can't find any pictures of these trucks where the LED strip around the headlights is yellow. In my opinion that makes this truck look 10X better.

2305121.jpg

2305122.jpg

Looks like a AT4 package truck to me. The amber LED's are likely because of the remote start. Even my older 2016 Silverado runs the amber lights (turn signals) when the remote start is on. Once the truck is running though they will switch to the regular day time running lights which are white.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Looks like a AT4 package truck to me. The amber LED's are likely because of the remote start. Even my older 2016 Silverado runs the amber lights (turn signals) when the remote start is on. Once the truck is running though they will switch to the regular day time running lights which are white.

That's what I thought at first, but my brother said he watched the guy drive into the parking spot and he said the lights were yellow as he was driving and turning. And I looked at few videos on youtube of new style 1500s getting started with remote, and the lights around the headlights were white. it seems the yellow lights flash twice then the white ones come on and stay on. 

I'm researching this pretty hard and I can't find any videos or pictures of any other 1500s where the DRLs are yellow. It seems, the yellow ones are only for turn signals and white for DRLs. I'm not sure how this truck has yellow DRLs. 

Maybe I should have stuck around and talked to the owner. I love the look of this truck and I want to replicate it for my future elevation trim. I can't afford AT4, and can't afford to gas up the 6.2L either.

The dual exhaust tips on each side look way better than those HDMI exhaust on normal exhaust. Hopefully the catback exhaust doesn't cost too much.

Those are not OEM tires and rims. The stock tire is a 275/60R20. The DRLs are aftermarket and most likely aftermarket exhaust since you said it sounded "menacing". The twin tips are stock on GM. 

39 minutes ago, Phantom 4D said:

Those are not OEM tires and rims. The stock tire is a 275/60R20. The DRLs are aftermarket and most likely aftermarket exhaust since you said it sounded "menacing". The twin tips are stock on GM. 

You're right about the wheels and tires. I can't find them on the GM build page. However when I looking at the headlights up close, They definitely looked like stock headlights. I'm 99% sure. 

I have seen aftermarket headlights before and they're usually less bright and the looks just scream after market china made. 

These headlights were oem and super bright. I've had Anzos aftermarket headlights installed on my F150 and the DRLs on those were considerably less bright than stock. And I can't find any aftermarket headlights that would have yellow DRLs for 2022+ 1500s.

And you're right again about the exhaust. I was under the impression that the cat back exhaust came with dual exhaust tips on each side, but that catback exhaust from GM still comes with HDMI exhaust tips. This truck most likely had the borla S-type exhaust. 

Talked to a friend who is also a GMC salesman and he said he's unaware of yellow DRLs on the Elevation. He suggested I call the parts manager on Monday and see if he has any idea. 

19 hours ago, Phantom 4D said:

Talked to a friend who is also a GMC salesman and he said he's unaware of yellow DRLs on the Elevation. He suggested I call the parts manager on Monday and see if he has any idea. 

Thanks, appreciate you asking around. 

And I did more looking around, so far I couldn't find any aftermarket LEDs that look like stock headlights but offer yellow DRLs. 

Someone said, he might have baked the headlights in the oven and taken them apart and replaced the white DRL LEDs with yellow ones. 

That's a lot of work, I mean it looks good but if you're essentially writing off two headlight assemblies, in case it doesn't work or the seal isn't as good and you start getting moisture inside. 

And forget the warranty. 

I'm still hoping its an option from factory, but the lack of pictures online of these trucks with yellow DRLs leads me to believe this guy modified these himself. 

And another thing that I can't get out of my head is these were freaking bright! I have seen my fare share of aftermarket headlights and none of them are ever as bright as OEM headlights like these ones. 

On 5/12/2023 at 8:16 PM, MTrophy said:

I'm researching this pretty hard and I can't find any videos or pictures of any other 1500s where the DRLs are yellow. It seems, the yellow ones are only for turn signals and white for DRLs. I'm not sure how this truck has yellow DRLs. 

Maybe I should have stuck around and talked to the owner. I love the look of this truck and I want to replicate it for my future elevation trim. I can't afford AT4, and can't afford to gas up the 6.2L either.

The dual exhaust tips on each side look way better than those HDMI exhaust on normal exhaust. Hopefully the catback exhaust doesn't cost too much.

I have a 2021 AT4 with the 6.2L.  I'm getting better gas mileage now than with my 2014 with a 5.3.  

I've been pleasantly surprised at the fuel economy. Especially on long highway trips.