Trailer Calibration

Hello All.

Just bought a 2024 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali.  Setting up the trailer, it wanted me to drive forward to calibrate the trailer length indicator and jack knife alert and a third one.  Drove around the block a few times. System says calibrating but no progress bar or any other indicator. Gave up for the day.  

I do not have a camera on the trailer, is this the problem?

• 1 month later...

Not yet. Bringing it to dealer end of month. I will post if it gets sorted. A few other users on Facebook also having the same issue. I have also added the camera now still same problem. 

I don't think you need to calibrate the trailer length or Jack knife.  After inputting dimensions in trailer profile, if you drive around with trailer.  If you put your turn signal on, you should get the turn signal view with a red area.  This red area is the red carpet view.  If so, the feature is working properly.  I'm not sure on jack knife, I have only demo'd with transparent.  I would put in hitch view and see if an icon is in upper left with jackknife. 

If you need help with transparent, let me know.  I have setup about a hundred trailers and know the tricks.  Follow the camera install instructions and drive straight under 30 mph to calibrate.  

#iworkforGM

• Like 1

I havent towed with my 2024 yet but I know that my 2021 would take a few miles before it operated properly. Its a less complex system than the 2024 but it still took the truck a little while before it calibrated for the fact that the trailer was behind it. 

Thanks. The turn signal view works without the red carpet, it says drive to calibrate. None of the trailering featurs work. I have even deleted the trailer checked measurements and set up again. You tried to help me with the camera install in another post. Emailed GM and It is going into the dealer at end of the month. From other groups apparently the blue hourglass in top left in the below picture is a problem.20230626_144308.thumb.jpg.0f37cb904b1bd5c9978950930061b094.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2023 at 7:39 AM, MTU Alum said:

I don't think you need to calibrate the trailer length or Jack knife.  After inputting dimensions in trailer profile, if you drive around with trailer.  If you put your turn signal on, you should get the turn signal view with a red area.  This red area is the red carpet view.  If so, the feature is working properly.  I'm not sure on jack knife, I have only demo'd with transparent.  I would put in hitch view and see if an icon is in upper left with jackknife. 

If you need help with transparent, let me know.  I have setup about a hundred trailers and know the tricks.  Follow the camera install instructions and drive straight under 30 mph to calibrate.  

#iworkforGM

Hi there, I just bought a 2024 Silverado 2500 and don't get the "red carpet" view. Does it only work if it senses a vehicle in that area? Searching around the internet for more info It seems that the trailer length needs to be set for this. I cannot get it set up using my 22' travel trailer. Hoping you might have more answers, info on this topic is slim.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...