Can you buy long tie rods?

Taking the lift kit off of a 2014 Silverado 1500 and hope one can buy long tie rods. The threads were cut off of the steering sector to shorten the rods so the steering knuckles for the lift kit would fit. Now the rods are too short for the stock steering knuckles. Does anyone know if long tie rods are available to solve this problem?

My signature says 2013 Silverado but this is for my grandson's truck which is a 2014.

Thanks

Bob Nodine

Edited by Bob Nodine

19 minutes ago, Bob Nodine said:

Taking the lift kit off of a 2014 Silverado 1500 and hope one can buy long tie rods. The threads were cut off of the steering sector to shorten the rods so the steering knuckles for the lift kit would fit. Now the rods are too short for the stock steering knuckles. Does anyone know if long tie rods are available to solve this problem?

My signature says 2013 Silverado but this is for my grandson's truck which is a 2014.

Thanks

Bob Nodine

If your taking the lift off and returning to stock then go out and buy stock tie rods if they cut the threads off to make them shorter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

If your taking the lift off and returning to stock then go out and buy stock tie rods if they cut the threads off to make them shorter.

Not only did they cut off the tie rods they cut off the rods from the steering sector. New stock tie rods will only give me an added inch but I think I need two added inches. That is why I was asking if they make tie rods longer than stock.

• Like 1