Zr2 front suspension

Does not matter. They dont fit my 2022 gmc. 

They smash the wheel speed sensor wires and brackets. 2024s must have different brackets, or zr2 might have special ones. 

bottom pic has the 10 mm bolt removed from the black metal bracket, otherwise i couldnt even wedge the shock into place. 

IMG_2591.jpeg

IMG_2593.jpeg

Edited by Joe97281

I did not try the control arms, and I am not going to until the I can get the knuckles and complete everything at once, or I can get enough of the brake line parts to make it necessary to use the additional mounting locations on the upper sontrol arms.   ZR2 does indeed have different wiring and brake lines than my 2022. I was able to find a pic on the internet showing the setup of the passenger side. 

On the ZR2 (possibly all MY2024 and above) the pass side front brake line follows the frame rail and goes over the shock mount, then down to the caliper. They cleared out the area for the larger shocks. It looks like brake lines head back toward the rear of the truck, and sensor wires head toward the front. 

My brake line stays forward of the shock mount. All sensor wires and brake lines clobber the space needed for the shock body. 

This means I need 2 new hardlines, 2 new hardline to caliper hoses, and new wheel speed sensors. I am assuming the wheel speed sensors have the appropriate bracket attached for mounting to the holes in the zr2 upper control arms. 

I have already ordered: 86512135, 86512134, 86546952, 86546950

parts.gmparts identifies those as the L/R speed sensors and brake lines for chassis package ZRX. 

Now I need to know if all 2024 front hardlines are the same, or if ZR2 has special ones, and if they are a direct fit for MY2022. I cannot find ZRX specific hardlines on the gm website (yet). 

It would also be nice to know the part numbers for the bolts and nuts that attach the brackets for the previous items to the upper control arms. 

This has gotten to the point where it is no longer fun. 

20231119_131049.jpg

I know the DSSVs are a big selling point for the conversion but at the same price remote Kings might make this easier without opening the brake system. I'm going to assume my Bilstein 5100s are going to have no trouble, but now you've got me worried lol.

Good luck.

I was considering doing this in the future with my 2024 AT4, so thanks @Joe97281 for being the guinea pig and reporting on these issues. Sorry it's not working out nicely for you. I like the idea of all OEM components, but I might just do everything except the DSSV and get Bilsteins or splurge on Fox/King.

@BuckWallace, duck down and look at the brake line routing on your 2024. If the connection is behind the upper control arms (toward the rear of the vehicle) than you should have less problems. 

It might be possible to add dssv to the front and leave the brake lines alone, but the clearance for the lines and associated bracket is tight. 

will post pics of the brake lines and speed sensors when they come in. 

Need some clarification on the skids for the part number thread. This is what I have so far:

ZR2 Skid Plates (need confirmation whether AT4X is the same):

Front Bumper/Facia Area: 84913645

Underbody (need more placement details on where this is on truck): 85637479

Transfer Case: 85569359 (may need additional holes drilled in aft crossmember. Need more details)

However that Bumper/Facia skid comes up as plastic and fitment is just (except BISON) so I dunno if it's actually part of the ZR2 package. The "underbody" skid details as aluminum.

85637479 Should be an aluminum one piece that replaces the stock plastic splash shield and engine skid. (Zr2 and at4x). I ordered one on 12/15 but am still waiting on shipping confirmation. 

Alot of the other stuff is bison specific and you need the $5k front bumper to tie it all together. 

drop brackets arrives. The distance between corresponding mounting surfaces is ~95mm. I have nothing to compare it to, but maybe someone else does. IMG_2594.thumb.jpeg.32ced1d910ee0518760c7c0a7f40800c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, Joe97281 said:

Does not matter. They dont fit my 2022 gmc. 

They smash the wheel speed sensor wires and brackets. 2024s must have different brackets, or zr2 might have special ones. 

bottom pic has the 10 mm bolt removed from the black metal bracket, otherwise i couldnt even wedge the shock into place. 

20 hours ago, Joe97281 said:

I did not try the control arms, and I am not going to until the I can get the knuckles and complete everything at once, or I can get enough of the brake line parts to make it necessary to use the additional mounting locations on the upper sontrol arms.   ZR2 does indeed have different wiring and brake lines than my 2022. I was able to find a pic on the internet showing the setup of the passenger side. 

On the ZR2 (possibly all MY2024 and above) the pass side front brake line follows the frame rail and goes over the shock mount, then down to the caliper. They cleared out the area for the larger shocks. It looks like brake lines head back toward the rear of the truck, and sensor wires head toward the front. 

My brake line stays forward of the shock mount. All sensor wires and brake lines clobber the space needed for the shock body. 

This means I need 2 new hardlines, 2 new hardline to caliper hoses, and new wheel speed sensors. I am assuming the wheel speed sensors have the appropriate bracket attached for mounting to the holes in the zr2 upper control arms. 

I have already ordered: 86512135, 86512134, 86546952, 86546950

parts.gmparts identifies those as the L/R speed sensors and brake lines for chassis package ZRX. 

Now I need to know if all 2024 front hardlines are the same, or if ZR2 has special ones, and if they are a direct fit for MY2022. I cannot find ZRX specific hardlines on the gm website (yet). 

It would also be nice to know the part numbers for the bolts and nuts that attach the brackets for the previous items to the upper control arms. 

This has gotten to the point where it is no longer fun. 

Did some digging on this.  All the hard lines for the  brakes are the same that I can tell.  GM doesn't sell completed lines except for one or two, its all listed as "bulk tubing" otherwise.  One section they do sell is the LF hard pipe, but its the same with or without ZR2 that I can see, 2020-2024.    I suppose there is a change in how they bend the RF?  

Soft hoses for the front are different.  86512134 and 86512135.

No change for rear hoses.  

The front wheel speed sensors ARE different for ZR2 as well.  86546952 and 86546950.  So probably different bracket or something like that on them to go with the upper arms and knuckle, etc.  

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1

And they delivered half a pint of beer! 

Have you looked to see where your brake line connections are? 

My pass side intermediate line has a part number on it that doesnt exist on google, and all parts websites claim I should have the brake lines that connect behind the control arm. ( i dont) 

Maybe my truck is a Frankenstein due to COVID shortages.