Silverado 1500 2023 spacer question

I recently got new wheels and tires and I don’t like how close my spokes are to the caliper. Custom offset recommends a 3/8 spacer. Will I have enough lug length left after that or should I order a 6mm spacer instead? I’m looking at Bora hub and wheel centric ones. Any insight would be appreciated thank you. 

Are they not hitting now? If not, get a 5mm(1/4") spacer instead. I have to run them on my aftermarket wheels I had from my Avalanche due to the ridge on the caliper on the T1 trucks. There's plenty of thread length left with that size spacer.

I have 1/2" spacers.  Discount Tire tried them at my last tire rotation and said they had enough thread on the lugs to use.  Iirc, they said 6 or 7 threads was the minimum.  I think you'll be okay with that size.  Anything bigger and you'll need new lugs.  Iirc, Dorman 610-490 for the front wheels and Dorman 610-530 for the rear wheels.  They are for the Ford F-250, but @medic_84looked into the specs for these lugs and said they'll work.  Iirc, he's also running them on his truck and hasn't had any issues.  

Those parts you listed are new STUDS, not lugnuts.

Dorman 610-490 M14-1.5 Serrated Wheel Stud - 15.7mm Knurl, 69.75mm Length

Dorman 610-530 Rear M14-1.50 Serrated Wheel Stud - 15.90mm Knurl, 78mm Length

9 hours ago, Lidoboixd said:

They’re not hitting but it’s like the smallest gap. Maybe 1-2mm at most. I’m just not comfortable with that. Thank you for the insight. 

I have Fuel Mavericks on my 23 High Country 22x10 and they barely clear also.

I don't have spacers. You don't need them either. If it clears the caliper by 1-2mm, that's fine. Been running these about a year now no problems. 

Screenshot_20240223_065318_Photos.jpg

On 2/23/2024 at 1:06 AM, GETGONE said:

Those parts you listed are new STUDS, not lugnuts.

Dorman 610-490 M14-1.5 Serrated Wheel Stud - 15.7mm Knurl, 69.75mm Length

Dorman 610-530 Rear M14-1.50 Serrated Wheel Stud - 15.90mm Knurl, 78mm Length

Please read my post again.  Nowhere in the post is the word "nuts".  Lugs, also called lug studs or wheel studs, are the threaded shaft lug nuts twist on or off to.  Wheel lugs are not to be confused with electrical lugs.

Edited by Transient

27 minutes ago, Transient said:

Please read my post again.  Nowhere in the post is the word "nuts".  Lugs, also called lug studs or wheel studs, are the threaded shaft lug nuts twist on or off to.  Wheel lugs are not to be confused with electrical lugs.

Read your OWN post again:

On 2/23/2024 at 1:34 AM, Transient said:

Anything bigger and you'll need new lugs.  Iirc, Dorman 610-490 for the front wheels and Dorman 610-530 for the rear wheels.  They are for the Ford F-250, but @medic_84looked into the specs for these lugs and said they'll work.

They are called WHEEL STUDS, NOT wheel lugs. It's even in the description of the part numbers you posted. Lugs is short for LUG NUTS. Who the hell is talking anything about electrical lugs but you????

5 hours ago, GETGONE said:

Read your OWN post again:

They are called WHEEL STUDS, NOT wheel lugs. It's even in the description of the part numbers you posted. Lugs is short for LUG NUTS. Who the hell is talking anything about electrical lugs but you????

If lugs is short for lug nuts, then explain lug studs, such as what some European cars use.  Just because 1 company chooses to use 1 term for a product doesn't mean it's the end-all of terminology.  Furthermore, the same word can apply to more than 1 thing and mean something completely different.  That's one of the reasons that English is so difficult for foreigners to understand.  Clearly, even native speakers have difficulty understanding it, which seems to be your case here.  Another word for lugs/wheel studs is "bolts", but you don't see that on Dorman's label either.  It's just like another term for lug nuts is wheel nuts.  Again, you won't find that term used on Dorman's packaging either. 

Oh, btw, if you go to Google and search "definition of lug" you will not notice anything for electrical terminals, but mostly for a behavior such as "lugging around."  I did manage to find this on Dictionary.com as the 2nd definition for "lug."  It sure sounds like a "wheel stud" to me. 

Screenshot_20240226_071914_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Transient

You're digging pretty hard to not have to admit you are wrong. European cars use lug BOLTS since they have a head and threads like a BOLT and screw INTO a threaded HOLE.