2024 AT4 2500 dash creaking

Has anyone experienced a creaking noise coming from the dash in the area of the radio screen. I have narrowed it down to this area and it appears to disappear for a bit if I push down on the trim above the climate control and below the radio screen. $80k for this truck, do not want to hear this crap. As it is, they can't recreate the clunk i get from the back of the truck. But I am not the only one that hears these noises so atleast I know I am not crazy. 

6 hours ago, Bstevens1084 said:

Has anyone experienced a creaking noise coming from the dash in the area of the radio screen. I have narrowed it down to this area and it appears to disappear for a bit if I push down on the trim above the climate control and below the radio screen. $80k for this truck, do not want to hear this crap. As it is, they can't recreate the clunk i get from the back of the truck. But I am not the only one that hears these noises so atleast I know I am not crazy. 

No creaks up front in dash but clunk in rear is from the leaf spring pads on the ends. Does it stop when wet? Is it over slow uneven roads? Mine has that issue eventually I need to bring it in for the tsb. Now that it’s getting warmer and I just got a new two wheeled transport, it seems like the perfect time to drop the truck off 

13 hours ago, Pryme said:

No creaks up front in dash but clunk in rear is from the leaf spring pads on the ends. Does it stop when wet? Is it over slow uneven roads? Mine has that issue eventually I need to bring it in for the tsb. Now that it’s getting warmer and I just got a new two wheeled transport, it seems like the perfect time to drop the truck off 

Dealer said everything with the leaf springs were fine. Do you have any info on the TSB? Mine seems to do it on rough gravel road and backing up on uneven surface. 

1 hour ago, Bstevens1084 said:

Dealer said everything with the leaf springs were fine. Do you have any info on the TSB? Mine seems to do it on rough gravel road and backing up on uneven surface. 

It’s been posted here before I can’t recall which thread but within the last six months. It’s the plastic pads between the ends of the leaves in the ends. Yeah back up a driveway one tire going up first etc. does it do it when you jump up onto the back bumper? 

21 hours ago, Pryme said:

It’s been posted here before I can’t recall which thread but within the last six months. It’s the plastic pads between the ends of the leaves in the ends. Yeah back up a driveway one tire going up first etc. does it do it when you jump up onto the back bumper? 

Yes, exactly what its doing

Just now, Bstevens1084 said:

Yes, exactly what its doing

It’s the leaf ends those plastic shims are junk. There is a tsb for it maybe @newdude has it handy. 

one day I’ll be going in for it because it’s the one annoying thing that be had with my truck and it remains. Hasn’t gotten worse but it’s annoying. 

20 hours ago, Pryme said:

It’s the leaf ends those plastic shims are junk. There is a tsb for it maybe @newdude has it handy. 

one day I’ll be going in for it because it’s the one annoying thing that be had with my truck and it remains. Hasn’t gotten worse but it’s annoying. 

static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10225662-0001.pdf

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 4:41 AM, Pryme said:

On 4/29/2024 at 4:41 AM, Pryme said:

I have this issue in my truck! New 2024 Chevy 3500 HD.

i get this weird rattle buzzing hum sound coming from behind the infotainment screen as close as i can tell? Not all time however, rite when i think it’s gone it’s back

?

On 5/25/2024 at 11:57 PM, Mid-Night Rider said:

I have this issue in my truck! New 2024 Chevy 3500 HD.

i get this weird rattle buzzing hum sound coming from behind the infotainment screen as close as i can tell? Not all time however, rite when i think it’s gone it’s back

?

We regret to hear of this noise concern coming from your infotainment system and would like to investigate further for you. To do so, please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to hearing from you.