I have a Chevy 3500 HD. My tires are supposed to be cold 60lb front/ 80lb rear.

When running a while all my tires go up 4-5 lbsSo that now puts me 4-5 lbs over on inflation?

should I run cold 55/75 and then when they heat up they are 60/80?

5 hours ago, Mid-Night Rider said:

I have a Chevy 3500 HD. My tires are supposed to be cold 60lb front/ 80lb rear.

When running a while all my tires go up 4-5 lbsSo that now puts me 4-5 lbs over on inflation?

should I run cold 55/75 and then when they heat up they are 60/80?

Owners Manual says to check tire pressure while cold.  It is normal for pressure to increase while driving and the tires warm up.  If you park in the sun the tires in direct sunlight will read a little high (from warming up) so best to check in the shade.

Always cold and in the shade. The engineers have accounted for pressure increase from the heat on the road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, 60/80 psi is for carrying full rated load. If you weigh your truck you will see that, when empty, the rear axle load is quite a bit less than the front. For ride quality purposes, many operate with the rear at a lower pressure appropiate for their actual weight. I have a 2000 lb pop up slide in camper installed, which makes the front and rear loading about equal. I run the rear tires at 63 cold so they are just above the tpms warning level. It improves the ride a lot and the wear pattern after 12k miles is good.  I run the fronts at 55 psi, and would run the rears at that level if the tpms alarm was set lower. I know there are ways to reset it but I haven’t bothered. 

• Thanks 1

Just to give you ballpark axle weights you can mentally adjust based on your own configuration, here are my axle weights with full tank and 200 lb driver, otherwise empty. This is for a 2021 3500hd cc lb srw SLT gas truck with second battery and leather bucket seating. 

Front 4440 lbs

Rear 3330 lbs

Those look like they could be typos but 4440 and 3330 are correct. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Another JR said:

Also, 60/80 psi is for carrying full rated load. If you weigh your truck you will see that, when empty, the rear axle load is quite a bit less than the front. For ride quality purposes, many operate with the rear at a lower pressure appropiate for their actual weight. I have a 2000 lb pop up slide in camper installed, which makes the front and rear loading about equal. I run the rear tires at 63 cold so they are just above the tpms warning level. It improves the ride a lot and the wear pattern after 12k miles is good.  I run the fronts at 55 psi, and would run the rears at that level if the tpms alarm was set lower. I know there are ways to reset it but I haven’t bothered.