Power steering

actually the ABS will affect the power steering on the new electric power steering setups the 2014 and newer has. 

OP: you need to fix that ABS wire or you will not have electronic power steering assist. On the newer trucks if your truck cannot get a good speed sensed for all 4 wheels then you will have the ABS light come in and have no power steering as your truck has no idea how fast you really are going and thinks you are slipping around on the tires. I accidentally set the ABS code and the power steering reduced, drive with care warning when I jacked the truck up on all 4's and started the truck and kept it in gear with the truck off the ground. in 2wd mode the rears were spinning but the fronts were obviously stationary. I did this for a few minutes and immediately set a code after for wheel speed sensor issues and the power steering reduced message. Putting the truck back on the ground and moving it down my driveway immediately reset the codes after it was getting a good wheel speed reading from all 4 wheels.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 9:19 PM, richard wysong said:

I stand corrected, thank you Chris. we learn a lot on these forums

you're welcome! The older trucks with power steering pumps you are correct it's not connected but the newer electronic ones it's all tied in.

• Like 1