Bad Shock???

The shock is not leaking and only has 1000 miles on it.  But I am having a rough ride and bumps seem to last longer than they did when I first got the truck.  I bounce one side of the front end and the bounce last about 4-5 times and the other side of the truck about 2-3 times.  I might just take the shock off and see if it is rather easy to compress.  This is a 2001 Z71 with Bilstiens (?)  Dealer said that there was nothing wrong, but I dont believe them.

Z71 pkg doesnt have bilsteins they are tennecos (red color)

if it bounces more than the other side then it sounds like it is defective.  Id try another service dept

Look at your bump stops.  Are they touching on one side and not the other, if you bounce one side does it rebound faster than the other, and try to bounce the front end by pushing down on the bumper.  If you notice one side rebounding differently than the other take it back in and do it for the service dept.  they can't deny that.  What color are your shocks?

Rado,

The shocks have blue protectors.  I like the idea of bouncing the truck in front of the service guy - I'll make sure and find out when makes it most evident.  The bump stops are equal - both touching.  When I push on the truck from side to side it takes a very long time to stop - not up and down.

Archived