WTB: folder center console for the 40/20/40 seat

1st new GMC

I'm looking for one of these consoles. I have the base cloth interior in my Sierra, but I realize that finding one with the matching material is next to impossible. I'll buy one that is in good shape and re-cover it in a matching fabric. I'm in Baltimore, so if there is one close to me, I'll pick it up. thanks for any responces!

Too bad I didn't see your eBay ad when you were selling it. I check once a week, but it seems that the consoles on there are in horrible shape, or they sell for almost as much as a brand new one. I'm hoping that maybe someone on this board has done something like you did, and they still have the old console in the garage.

Do you know if the X-cab trucks that came with the base cloth came with the fold down console?

Check Ebay, there is usually a few on there. I sold one on there a few months ago

I'm looking for a console for my standard cab, but all I see on EBay are either 99 - 02 or the wrong color. When you added yours did you have to change any dash parts too?

You do have to change the lower section of the dash (the piece that contains the cig lighter, power outlet, ash tray, cubby hole and the glove box door. I didn't change mine, I just removed it and cut off the area that was in the way then put the glove box door piece back on and it looks just as good as if I would have bought the correct one.

I can provide a pic of the proper place to cut and how it looks after it is reinstalled if you would like to see it.

Check Ebay, there is usually a few on there. I sold one on there a few months ago

I'm looking for a console for my standard cab, but all I see on EBay are either 99 - 02 or the wrong color. When you added yours did you have to change any dash parts too?

You do have to change the lower section of the dash (the piece that contains the cig lighter, power outlet, ash tray, cubby hole and the glove box door. I didn't change mine, I just removed it and cut off the area that was in the way then put the glove box door piece back on and it looks just as good as if I would have bought the correct one.

I can provide a pic of the proper place to cut and how it looks after it is reinstalled if you would like to see it.

PPPpppleaseeee (AKA Roger Rabbit), This will hopefully be my next upgrade once I get done playing with the over head console. Anyone ever taken a radar detector apart?

I was just about to start a thread to sell my center jump seat and the cup holder that goes into the center of the dash to fill that hole when I saw this thread. The parts are in near perfect condition and are grey. If you click on the link under the picture in my sig and go to page 4, you can see the jump seat and cup holder when they were in the truck. I removed them and installed the full length center console. I'm asking $350 for the jump seat shipped, and $25 for the cup holder shipped, or $365 for both shipped. If you check ebay, you'll find that these jump seats go for $350-$450 plus shipping, and new from the dealer they are about $675 I believe. The cup holder can be purchased from the dealer for about $40 I believe. PM or email me at [email protected] if interested. :confused:

What color are you looking for?

A nice 03 and up gray one is on ebay right now.

here is the link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33695

I also have a decent full length 2 piece console for a 99-02 truck that is also grey, but I don't have any pics of it yet, so I haven't attempted to sell it yet. The console part is in very nice condition, and has an optional plastic plate to cover the front of it if you don't want to use the piece that bolts to the dash. You would need to find or make a bracket to secure the console to the floor, as this console does not have the bracket. The front piece that bolts to the dash is OK, but the right side has some small holes screwed through it where some putz mounted a cell phone or something...I'm sure it could be repaired with some liquid leather type stuff, just don't know how well. I don't have the cd player and pocket bezel either. If anyone's interested in any of this stuff, make an offer.

What color are you looking for?

A nice 03 and up gray one is on ebay right now.

here is the link to it:

:confused:

I need graphite, like they one you told the guy about in November, that’s the one I was out bid on.

:seeya:

Thanks for the eBay link. I think I might not have made it clear as to what I'm trying to find. I'm looking for the middle seat on the 40/20/40 bench seat. I want the one that flips down and has the small console built into the top. My interior is the charcol grey "base" cloth, but I haven't seen too many of these w/ the flip down middle seat.

Thanks to the other guy who gave me the pic link to his old seat. That's the style I'm looking for, but I'm trying to find a better deal on one, since I'll have to get it reupholstered to match my interior.

I just put mine up on ebay starting at $150...I really thought that it'd go quickly for $350, but I guess not. I kinda want to make some bucks so I can get some new seat covers...the ones that I want are about $300 (neoprene grey w/ black), and I made a deal with my wife that if I could cover the cost with the sale of some parts that I could order em.

Still no bids though :D

Here's a link if anyone's interested:

bud hayes3 - thanks for the eBay link. I didn't see a "buy it now" option, did you have one?

Nah, I wasn't really sure if I should or not...this is actually my first time selling something on ebay, so it's all new to me. I've never really sold anything at all before, except my 71 Camaro many years ago.

Archived