'05 Tahoe Upgrades?

Cool forum....just stumbled upon it looking for info to upgrade the less than stellar stock stereo in my '05 Tahoe. I just bought the '05 to replace an '01 that was totalled. I had the amp by-pass going in the '01.....quite an improvement....and easy to do. I'm looking for any suggestions as to how to get this new one to sound better. It's the Bose premium with 6 disc in dash, and no XM. I have a Sirius portable that I'd like to connect, as well.

I'm assuming I can accomlish that with the PAC AAI-GM24. I'd love to hear about other ways to improve the sound. Will the C2A-GM24 work to add a second amp? If so, can you recommend one to help me improve the sound? I'm a bit of a rookie with this, but managed to do the bypass on the last one by myself. Help!

Thanks for the help,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...6929&hl=by-pass

Here's the link to the by-pass procedure in another thread on this site. I had originally found it on another site and I can attest to the fact that the sound improvement is excellent. Don't know if it will work on the Yukon. I did mine on an '01 Tahoe.

I'd strongly recommend trying this before you spend any additional money on anything else.

Brad

Archived