GMC Wheel Question

Was looking at used Yukon XL's on-line and noticed there are two different wheels on the 4WD's. I was wondering if it's a trim package or option or what. Can anyone tell me?

Here's what I'm talking about:

These wheels I like

These wheels I'm not too fond of

What's the difference?

Thanks for your help!

Nobody knows the answer to this question? Any guesses? I just wondered if it would give me a clue about what I'm looking at when on-line. Like maybe one comes with the tow package or if it's a different trim or just an option. Maybe I'll stop by the dealer and ask them?

If my memory serves me correctly, here is what you are looking at:

The less desirable wheels were standard 16" alloys (offered in painted or polished)

The more desirable wheels were also 16"s but were an independently orderable option on the upper trim levels (1SB & 1SC).

17" were not available until 2003 if I remember correctly.

If my memory serves me correctly, here is what you are looking at:

The less desirable wheels were standard 16" alloys (offered in painted or polished)

The more desirable wheels were also 16"s but were an independently orderable option on the upper trim levels (1SB & 1SC).

17" were not available until 2003 if I remember correctly.

Cool. Thanks man. That's what I was wondering.

Bowtie - I believe the difference in wheels are related to the model year. The wheels your not to fond of are no longer available(I had them on my 00' Sierra). I just purchased an 04' Yukon and the 2nd set of wheels where not in the RPO list. However, I got the 1SD package which comes with 17's. Maybe, I just didn't look hard enough. Check GMbuypower website..

Bowtie - I believe the difference in wheels are related to the model year.  The wheels your not to fond of are no longer available(I had them on my 00' Sierra).  I just purchased an 04' Yukon and the 2nd set of wheels where not in the RPO list.  However, I got the 1SD package which comes with 17's.  Maybe, I just didn't look hard enough.  Check GMbuypower website..

Its not year model difference, Had 2 2002s with both styles of wheel.

The wheels in the second link are the optional polished 16" aluminums, which (I think) "became" standard in the '03 Yukon SLT package. Not that it matters as far as this thread is concerned, but note the red GMC lettering in the centercaps--GM cut corners in '03 and went with the "uncolored" GMC lettering...

Personally, I prefer the second set, if only because they're a bit easier to clean/wash...that, and I never could grow to like the "flat"-face look ot the stock wheels pictured in the first link...but that's just me. :smash:

Archived