Hard Tonneau Cover

:cheers: I've just purchased a 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab and I want to find a hard(for security) tonneau cover that doesn't hurt the looks of my truck.  Any recommendations?

Have you looked at the OEM one from GM?

I have one of the OEM hard tonneau covers. It is made by Fold-A-Cover (www.foldacover.com) and it is fabulous!!!!! I had a choice of buying a Fold-A-Cover and installing it myself OR buying it from my dealer and having it installed FREE. The dealer's price was about ten dollars less than the cheapest I could find a F-A-C on the Internet (forgetting shipping).

Soooo, being a fairly reasonable guy, I ordered the OEM product from my dealer. The tonneau came in about two days and the following day the dealer's PR guy and I installed it. He would have done it alone, but I very much enjoyed being involved in the install.

I've used the tonneau for a little over two years and it has been perfect in every way. It has yet to leak a single drop of rain and the locks make it quite secure. Besides all of that, it looks great.

When I buy a new Silverado, the very first mod will be a new OEM (Fold-A-Cover) hard tonneau cover.

Hope this helps,

Steve

There are three type of hard Tonneaus that I know of :

- Full Solid

- Folding/Sectional

- Rolling

Which is your preference?

DEWFPO

I installed the Fold-A-Cover shortly after buying my 2004 Crew Cab. I have no regrets. Been through driving rainstorms with a full load of luggage and various other items, all remained dry. Love the locking feature for security. The cover will also come on and off rather easily if needed. Took it off a couple weeks ago to buy mulch. Hosed out the bed and popped it back on the next day.

i had a GemTop gt classic on my 95 s-10 witch is a awsome cover but on on your silverado or seirra you will have to cover your stake pocket holes the gem top only goes over the edge of the bed rail about 1/2 inch and is one of the best covers i seen as far as paint and quality but id worry about them stake pockets. i have a A R E cover on my seirra and it is pretty sweet but kinda bulky i like the other dudes gaylords but if they still make them check out Stockland its a smoth over the rail cover you used to be able to get through cap world or truckin america ...something like that but from what i understand there hard to install .

I have an ARE on mine and of all the things on my truck-it recieves the most compliments. The paint, finish and fit is FLAWLESS and I'm very, very critical on things like that. I've never once had water in it and it's been through the car wash countless amounts of time!

If you do a hard lid, and you don't have bed rail protectors; get some of that clear protection tape they use around pass-thru windows on campers. That will keep the rubber gaskets from wearing through the paint. Or you can even use that invisi-bra stuff. It's essentially the same as the camper protector stuff.

If you do a hard lid, and you don't have bed rail protectors; get some of that clear protection tape they use around pass-thru windows on campers.  That will keep the rubber gaskets from wearing through the paint.  Or you can even use that invisi-bra stuff.  It's essentially the same as the camper protector stuff.

Good point...same thing happened to me. I had to get the paint buffed...then put on the clear paint protector. :cheers:

Archived