anyone installed blinker mirrors ?

i have a 04 silverado z71 , i got it loaded but without blinker mirrors , i bought some and installed them , everything works but the powerfold feature , whats needed to turn this feature on and will i need the other door mirror control with the little mirror on it to make it work ? or does the regular on work the same ? any help would be great .

I put these on my truck. After several trial and error attempts, I got it figured out. You need to take the truck to the dealer and reprogram the BCM AND the mirror switches. You (or at least I didn't) do not need a new switch with the picture of the mirror folding on it. The control works exactly the same on the switch w/o the picture. Push on the right side to fold, on the left side to unfold.

The first time I went to the dealer, they reprogramed the BCM and the mirrors didn't function properly, after they programed the switches too, it works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Not sure what it entailed, but as soon as I told the dealer that each switch must be programmed in addition to the BCM being told that the power folding mirrors were present, they seemed to know what to do.

Here's a link covering everything I went through. My handle over there is Xartni. On the second page of the thread is the resolution to everything I did.

http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/fo...?pos=1&id=92442

Archived