Checking in

05HD

Greetings fellow truck owners. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Brian and I own an '05 Silverado 2500HD LS 4x4 extended cab with the 6.0 and 4L80E. I'm also a Chevrolet service technician and have about 10 years experience. I bought the Silverado last winter to serve as a tow vehicle for my race car (Toyota Supra) and also replace my old daily driver ('02 Subaru WRX). I'm beginning to consider some modifications for more power and thought I'd sign up here to hear some different opinions from people who have already modified thiers and maybe I can share some info regarding the stock vehicles.

-Brian

:chevrolet:

Hello Brian!

Lots of choice in styles and sound but the 3 main things are intake, exhaust and tuning.

Cold air intake will work best for obvious reasons, I personally chose Volant for quality, fit and performance.

Exhaust is very personal and you will just have to look around you and see/hear what you like best.

Power tuning is either the Hypertech Power Programmer (or another similar device) or a custom PCM tune where you actually swap out the PCM.

My truck (5.3 HO) will leave a good bit of 265/70/17 if i lay into it and i just ordered headers to boot.

-Trever

Archived