Truck Horn

Alright guys...not to brag or anything but i just got back from a cruise....and of course i was thinking about my truck the whole time. Well everytime you leave port the boat horn sounds. this horn is rediculously loud. But it hit me that it would be sooo sweet if i could get a horn similar(of course not as loud because i would go deaf) in the tone...i love that really really deeeeeepppp tone like a fog horn on my truck. If anyone has any help they can offer on this subject that would be great. I am not looking for the dukes of hazzard horn or a train horn (already got those) I really want a really really deep one. Thanks guys!

Guest chevydeerhunter

I can just picture it now. You're driving down the highway in the left lane passing people like they're standing still. Eventually, you'll meet up with a guy in that lane who's going about 50mph. I would kill to see his face as you blast that horn. I'll bet he'd leave skid marks on more than just the highway!

Dont know how much you are willing to spend but here is a neat one.

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/pr...&cat=814&page=1

yeah i looked into that one...i liked it at first...but i want more of a smooth deep sound...almost like a tuba...haha...but yeah i really want it for the morons that go 45mph in the left lane..or when i am stuck in traffic and feel like getting some attention!

A couple of months ago there was a thread about an audio system that connected to your tachometer signal and produced an artificial rumble of whatever engine you wanted played through a speaker system mounted under your car or truck. It included like 4 subwoofers, waterproof, to give the deep bass that makes it sound authentic. Had about a 400w amplifier, if I recall correctly.

You could play a foghorn sound through this setup and it'd have to kick butt. See if you can find it, or maybe somebody else who reads this thread has a link to it...

Might be funny to have a horn like that but it would also be illegal at least in Michigan.

As I recall the horn has to be a reasonable sound level and tone to be used on the street.

If you set it up to be an occasional horn to blast your friends with I am sure you could get away with it.

If you really want to wet someones undies.... how about USED TRAIN HORNS ON E-BAY

There is a growing number of them showing up on vehicles here in South Florida. I have had contact with a collector that buys them from train salvage yards and fixes them and re-sells them. This collector was looking for replacement Diaphragms, He stated that it was the lasted fad along with wagon wheels on older full size caprices and old caddys.

I saw a set on a Buick Roadmaster hanging under the rear bumper all chromed, What do you think it was in the rear for?

Did you look at Hornblasters? I know they sell all sorts of really really loud horn systems. I don't know how you'd get the Tuba/fog horn sound. Maybe if you mounted something to the roof like this

Blues-Brothers-Car-Picture.jpg

I'm just happy with the one stock GM Horn and the 2 horns I have from a 1978 Buick park Avenue. 3 Horns make for a very loud get the hell out of the way kinda blast.

:cheers:

Did you look at Hornblasters? I know they sell all sorts of really really loud horn systems. I don't know how you'd get the Tuba/fog horn sound. Maybe if you mounted something to the roof like this

I'm just happy with the one stock GM Horn and the 2 horns I have from a 1978 Buick park Avenue. 3 Horns make for a very loud get the hell out of the way kinda blast.

I'm feeling the blues, Is that you JAKE ? Or is it Elwood behind the wheel ? You know you just can't tell all dressed in black and wearing those shades!

Go to a junk yard that specializes in 18 wheelers and get a set of used Hadley air horns along with the Tank and Compressor. Should be able to get the whole deal for less than $ 100.00. it will be loud and fairly deep. Perhaps only a tenor when compared to the base of a fog / ship horn. Atleast it wont sound like a Castradi from a Yugo.

I'm feeling the blues, Is that you JAKE ? Or is it Elwood behind the wheel ? You know you just can't tell all dressed in black and wearing those shades!

Go to a junk yard that specializes in 18 wheelers and get a set of used Hadley air horns along with the Tank and Compressor. Should be able to get the whole deal for less than $ 100.00. it will be loud and fairly deep. Perhaps only a tenor when compared to the base of a fog / ship horn. Atleast it wont sound like a Castradi from a Yugo.

I want too do the same. Check out this video

:chevy:

I want too do the same. Check out this video

:chevy: "Now thats a horn"..... :D i'm going to hear that in my sleep ,lol

• 3 weeks later...

You guys got it all wrong.. I had a slammed grey primered 76 Suburban with centerlines and flowmasters that looked and sounded like it just came from a drive by. With the windows up you could NOT see in this thing for the very DARK tint. At night people would not pull up next to it at a light, Downtown Memphis. You get the picture. It had a horn off of a Izuzu Amigo. BEEP BEEP. It was VERY LOUD and VERY "CUTE". Your thinking whats so cool about that ? I've found that it really scares the cr---- out of people when they think a Honda is about to ram them ,but they don't SEE it. OR, Pull up next to someone at a red light on a cell phone ,keep blowing the horn and looking around like YOUR pissed and trying to figure who it is. too. OR Pull up next to someone in a wimpy car blow the horn stare at them like your mad and flip them off and drive away OR 3:30 am on Sunday morning when only drunks are on the road. You will mess up a drunk drivers mind. Funny! The ultimate understatment. :shakehead:

Archived