I'm thinking of buying a Chev Colorado

I looking for some info from the a place I can trust. YOU the guys on this forum..

can you tell me your pros and con of your colorados? The true around town gas mileage. things of like that, I want the hear anything you have say. I current own a 2500 HD (8.1L) and it's killing me.

Thinks, Kirby

I bought this in 2005, I5 with automatic. gas mileage wasn't what I expected, averaged right around 16mpg overall.. i liked it, good enough power but no race car, pretty small inside, both I expected.

DSCF1044.jpg

Traded it in for this, and I like it alot better. Average mileage is around 14, so not alot different, and alot more "truck."

06Sierra1.jpg

Good luck with what ever you get. Just don't get a Colorado for gas mileage alone, you'll be disappointed.

Also, check out www.coloradofans.com. Tons of info there.

When I was looking into a truck last summer my original thought was a extended cab Colorado. After test drives and pricing, I opted for a regular cab Silverado and threw a toolchest in the bed. The dealer said a lot of people come to this decision. I found I could get more truck for less money. Also, I'm 6,2" and needed a shoehorn for the Colorado. I found the Silverado, even a regular cab, to be more comfortable. I was not overly impressed with the Colorado's I-5. As far as MPG, I've got the small V8 in my Silverado, and get around 17-18 (mostly city) with good power to boot. Hope this helps...

-J

• 2 weeks later...

I was considering buying a Colorado, but after driving it I went for a silverado. It was only about $3000 more, and I got a 5.3 with 310hp compared to the Inline 5, and I get 16mpg city, 20 highway. My brother bought a toyota tacoma and it kicks the colorado's butt in everything that matters, sorry to say. I grew up in a GM family, but I wasn't impressed by the colorado at all.

Yea. After seeing everyones gas mileage reports with even the plain jane I4 I'm pretty bummed. That tiny truck wiht 2 less cylinders gets identical gas mileage to my 200k mile 4.3 V6. My mother has a Dodge Dakota 4x4 that I was very impressed with. That would probably be my midsized crew cabbed truck. Personally I'd just spend a little extra and get a Silverado.

I've got an '06 Sierra, Regular Cab, Long Bed, V6 with 5 Speed Manual. I get between 18 and 20 around town. Power with the manual is not to bad, and it will haul on the freeway. With the rebates the way they are now, you can get a heck of a deal on a full size truck.

Lou

• 3 weeks later...

Archived