Keyless Entry/memory seat Question

I have a 06 silverado ext cab lt3 package. The truck came with two key fobs one labeled 1 the other 2 on the back. I thought that each key fob was linked to one of the memory seat positions. For some reason mine dosent seem to work that way.

My girlfriend and I both drive the truck and have totally different settings for the seat and mirrors. When i use my key fob the seat does not return to my settings i have to push the button on the door. She has to do the same to get her settings. Its kinda a pain to have to open the door and hit the button and wait( less of a pain then it was in my old truck where i had to adjust it manually but a pain none the less) for it to setup. I cant even get into the truck with the seat where she needs it because the seat is so far forward my knees hit the dash. I would think when i unlock it with the fob labeled 1 then the memory stuff would be set back to the #1 position, same for #2.

I checked with the dealer and they arent really any help other then to say yep, it should work the way you expect it to as far as they know. I also see nothing in the manual that even mentions the keeyless entry in relation to the memory seats.

Any ideas???

Currently she pushes the button for my settings shen she is done with the truck but i dont think she should have to.

I have a 06 silverado ext cab lt3 package. The truck came with two key fobs one labeled 1 the other 2 on the back. I thought that each key fob was linked to one of the memory seat positions. For some reason mine dosent seem to work that way.

My girlfriend and I both drive the truck and have totally different settings for the seat and mirrors. When i use my key fob the seat does not return to my settings i have to push the button on the door. She has to do the same to get her settings. Its kinda a pain to have to open the door and hit the button and wait( less of a pain then it was in my old truck where i had to adjust it manually but a pain none the less) for it to setup. I cant even get into the truck with the seat where she needs it because the seat is so far forward my knees hit the dash. I would think when i unlock it with the fob labeled 1 then the memory stuff would be set back to the #1 position, same for #2.

I checked with the dealer and they arent really any help other then to say yep, it should work the way you expect it to as far as they know. I also see nothing in the manual that even mentions the keeyless entry in relation to the memory seats.

Any ideas???

Currently she pushes the button for my settings shen she is done with the truck but i dont think she should have to.

If I remember correctly, the '06 models have this feature disabled. GM was too lazy to order new Key fobs without the numbers on the back. I know my 04 works normally, but I think I remember someone posting a TSB or something stating that '06 (and possibly '05) model years have the key fob linked to memory settings disabled.

I could be wrong.

Yes, it's sad but true.

Beginning with model year 2005, GM disabled the key fob memory seat function.

They don't mention it in the manual, because you are not supposed to know that it was there before.

To mention this former feature in the current owner's manual would be like saying... "In previous years we offered a convenient underhood light and a glove box light. However, please do not look for these features in your new 2006 vehicle because we thrifted them out."

That knowlege, like the deletion of remote control memory seats, would really peeve people off, if they were reminded of it's former existence.

:cool:

I know I'm livid about the lack of these features in my $50,000 '05, which was built in 2004, btw. Had I known that an '04 model would have more features, for less money, I'd have bought an '04.

Now, I'd like to know if there is anyway to re-ENABLE the remote keyfob memory seat function, without totally screwing up the rest of the truck's communication on the class 2 bus. The only way I can think of to recover the feature is with a reflash of the BCM to a calibration that has this feature working. The problem is that I don't know what other functions this might mess up.

Has anyone with an 05-06 model been successful in getting their #1 and #2 remotes and seat/mirror memory working like the door buttons do... just like they used to in '03 and '04?

I just went through this at the dealership today with a customer that has an '05,He was complaining of the same thing.They took the feature out for '05.

Heres the bulletin on it............

Subject: Changes with Driver Personalization - keywords DIC FOB IPC key memory mirror pedal radio remote RKE seat #PIT3163A - (07/25/2005)

Models: 2005-2006 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT

2005-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe

2005-2006 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

2005-2006 Hummer H2

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Starting in 2005, all full size trucks and utilities have had a change to the way driver personalization operates. Vehicles equipped with memory seats RPO AN3 will now only recall seat, mirror (DL3), and pedal (JF4) settings for driver 1 and 2 from the buttons located on the driver's door panel. The key fobs will no longer recall memory positions. The DIC will no longer display Driver 1 or Driver 2 like in previous years.

Radio presets, HVAC (CJ2) and DIC (UK3) setting are now set to the vehicle, meaning there is only one setting for both drivers.

Recommendation/Instructions:

No repairs should be made as this is normal operation.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Yes, it's sad but true.

They don't mention it in the manual, because you are not supposed to know that it was there before.

To mention this former feature in the current owner's manual would be like saying... "In previous years we offered a convenient underhood light and a glove box light.  However, please do not look for these features in your new 2006 vehicle because we thrifted them out."

That knowlege, like the deletion of remote control memory seats, would really peeve people off, if they were reminded of it's former existence. 

I know I'm livid about the lack of these features in my $50,000 '05, which was built in 2004, btw.  Had I known that an '04 model would have more features, for less money, I'd have bought an '04.

Now, I'd like to know if there is anyway to re-ENABLE the remote keyfob memory seat function, without totally screwing up the rest of the truck's communication on the class 2 bus.  The only way I can think of to recover the feature is with a reflash of the BCM to a calibration that has this feature working.  The problem is that I don't know what other functions this might mess up.

Has anyone with an 05-06 model been successful in getting their #1 and #2 remotes and seat/mirror memory working like the door buttons do... just like they used to in '03 and '04?

The memory seats don't work in my 04. Never have.

Yes, it's sad but true.

To mention this former feature in the current owner's manual would be like saying... "In previous years we offered a convenient underhood light and a glove box light.  However, please do not look for these features in your new 2006 vehicle because we thrifted them out."

I know I'm livid about the lack of these features in my $50,000 '05, which was built in 2004, btw.  Had I known that an '04 model would have more features, for less money, I'd have bought an '04.

Now, I'd like to know if there is anyway to re-ENABLE the remote keyfob memory seat function, without totally screwing up the rest of the truck's communication on the class 2 bus.  The only way I can think of to recover the feature is with a reflash of the BCM to a calibration that has this feature working.  The problem is that I don't know what other functions this might mess up.

That sucks. It's worked in my '04 ever since I bought it....

Well that really blows. I did look at the manual yesterday and noticed on the easy exit seat feature that it mentions an easy exit for each driver and seat recall. One would think the truck would need to know what driver is driving the car for the easy exit to work, also the mention of a recall but not from the key fob is bs.

Its something the salesmen told me was a feature of the truck when i bought it. It was never an issue until the girlfriend started driving it some.

I dont understand why they would take something like that out but it dosent surprise me. Its just like a friend of mines wife, she has a 05 malibu that does not have any child saftey locks for hte rear doors and no mention of it in the manual. her 02 had them and she looked at some 06's that do too at the dealer.

Well that really blows. I did look at the manual yesterday and noticed on the easy exit seat feature that it mentions an easy exit for each driver and seat recall. One would think the truck would need to know what driver is driving the car for the easy exit to work, also the mention of a recall but not from the key fob is bs.

Its something the salesmen told me was a feature of the truck when i bought it. It was never an issue until the girlfriend started driving it some.

I dont understand why they would take something like that out but it dosent surprise me. Its just like a friend of mines wife, she has a 05 malibu that does not have any child saftey locks for hte rear doors and no mention of it in the manual. her 02 had them and she looked at some 06's that do too at the dealer.

I know you have to enable the setting through the DIC. I have it turned off for me (beacuse I have to fold the mirrors in when I park in the garage and it will "readjust" my mirros (since they tilt when you fold them in) and the adjustment is wrong. However, it's turned on when my wife uses her FOB.

I believe it is called Seat Recall in the DIC and I think you can set it to "Manual" or "Remote".

Yes, it's sad but true.

Funny you should mention that. My wife has an 04 Tahoe, I had an 03 Sierra, and our best friends have the identical vehicles. NOT ONCE have the memory seats returned to our respective settings. NOT ONCE. I just traded my 03 Sierra for an 06 Silverado, and so far, so good.

I have an 06 LT3 and mine doesn't work, either. The guys at the dealership all told me the seats and mirrors would adjust according to which remote was used to unlock the truck with. I think that's retarded that they'd pull this feature off... I mean really, what can it possibly effect by having it in there? It already knows which remote is being used, all it'd be doing is pressing a button for you depending on which remote was used. I don't understand GM sometimes.....

Archived