sound dampening

The next project I plan to do will be to sound dampen my truck. I had a few of questions.

1. What tools will I need?

2. Will I have to remove all seats at once to pull up the carpet.

3. Will 1 layer of sheets be enough to reduce noise?

Thanks-JD

I don't know how it matches up against the "sheet" stuff like Dynomat, but I read an article in Four Wheeler mag. about a new paint on stuff. They gave the web address but I don't have the mag. on me at the time. I do know it was $40. a gallon and much easier to apply than the mat. I can get you the web address if your interested though. I've never used either but I like the idea of something that can be brushed or sprayed on. I hope this helps.   ???

2. Will I have to remove all seats at once to pull up the carpet.

I know for a fact you'll have to do this, so give yourself a half day at least to tackle this project.  I've got some pics on my site of the tools required and how to remove the seats/carpet.

I know Jason Pendlum has removed his stuff and put in some dynomat, so he should be able to shed more light on this situation.

I used two products when I did mine. I used e-deadE-dead and peal and seal that you can get at your local Lowes. I was told that both are very similar to the Dynomat. I liked the peal and seal better for several reasons one it had a very sticky back and two I could go get it myself and three it was cheaper then the rest of the stuff out there. I applied it to my entire floor and the back wall of my ext cab. I had to remove all of my seats and center console then my carpet and pad. I put on two layers one of the e-dead and then a second of the peal and seal. I used a small roller so I could get the stuff in all the corners and down as good as possible. I think if I was doing it again I would apply a third layer. I had allready done my front doors when I installed my front speakers. I still have to do my back door and opposit side wall of my ext cab and maybe my roof. I notice some difference in noise level but not as much as I was expecting or hoping for but it did help. Some of this maybe because I still have the back side walls to do yet. I hope this helps some. :D

Archived