How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

2002 2500hd 180,000 miles, was a fleet truck before i bought it. It pulled a 40ft gooseneck travel trailer until the day i bought it at 120,000. still had the original front hubs in it until December when i changed them for piece of mind seeing as i drive from Colorado to Houston for college. Only things I've done is new ball joints, new idler pit man arms, tires (two sets, 265/75/16 bfg KO2's were terrible, only got 20k out of them before they were bald, and now toyo AT II's, awesome tire.) I also just replaced the coils, plugs, and wires off of a 2007 classic that i bought to salvage parts off of to 4x4 swap it. The plugs and wires were still original and now runs much better with all the new parts. This truck has never left me stranded and has had many hot suppers. i get 8-10 MPG in the city, and 10-11 on the highway. I havent gotten to drive it since i changed over the plugs, wires, and coils which i assume will net me some better mpgs. I changed the oil from my normal Valvoline synthetic 10W-40 to a mobil one synthetic and developed a rear main leak, but other than that, all original parts on the motor and trans.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just passed 219k today.  2006 Sierra 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas.  I just put an FIPK and a JET programmer tune on it last month.  Still going strong, although I can tell the motor is a bit tired now.  :)

Glad I found this place - I'm gonna have a lot of reading to do once I start digging into the truck.

• 1 month later...

2002 Silverado HD1500 2WD with the 6.0L. Bought Dec 31, 2001. 207,000 miles. Sat in my driveway for about 7 years, but has returned to my daily driver about 7 months ago. Stock except for a Hypertech programmer about 15 years ago. Been an unbelievable vehicle for me - only repairs / maintenance has been front brakes, water pump, couple sets of Michelin 265/75/16 M/S tires, and some gas shocks (that will be replaced with OEM soon). Also just restored/replaced all exterior lighting, mostly with LEDs, and freaking love it. 

truck small.jpg

Edited by Dave Armstrong