How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

I've got a 2000 2500 6L with 322,000 km that runs great other than leaking valve seals and a hole in the muffler and never any engine knock. I thought it was getting a bit old so I bought a 2008 2500 6L with 200,000 km and I'm not too impressed. It knocks on cold start, fuel mileage is terrible, it doesn't the same power as the old one and there's creaks and rattles from all over inside the cab. I'm seriously considering selling the 08 and putting a little money into the 2000

Probably the best thing you can do to fix a gmt900... let someone else deal with its stupidity.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2000 2500 with 258,000 miles. Cold-knocked since I got it in '04 with 114,000. I always wait until the knock quiets down before taking off. Oil changes between 3-4,000. Leaks about a quart every 3,000 from the oil pan gasket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your story is about the same as mine. If it really is your oil pan gasket, that's an easy fix! Gaskets are cheap. Mine unfortunately is the rear main seal...much more difficult to replace.

06 GMC 2500HD, 139k bought with 90k on it. Was beat up fleet truck when i got it but the company took care of the drivetrain maintanence.

Oil changed every 3-5k

AFE oilless air filter and Airaid mit at 92k

Lost 3rd and 4th gear in the trans at 94k

Replaced spark plugs (still looked new), wires and shocks at 105k

Original battery finally died in feb 2015

Oil pump at 137k, luckily it wasnt at high speed or anything, just had no oil pressure at startup, shut it down and had it towed home to fix.

As far as i can tell everything else is original from the factory other than tires/wheels and some interior pieces that i replaced or upgraded.

Edited by cjb321

• 1 month later...

288k on my '04 Sierra 2500HD SLT. Just changed right exhaust manifold and gonna do left soon. Changed all pumps (power steering, water, fuel) except for oil pump over the years. My transmission went at about 210k but I tow a boat recreationally for 6 months every year. I love this truck!