How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

Chevy makes one heck of a gas motor. My buddy has a 1999 2500 with the 5.7. It has 267,000 miles and they are HARD EARNED farm miles. Original motor and tranny still hold up to him holding it flat to the floor doing burnouts. Another friend has a GM 2.5 I believe which has 285,000 miles. At the track my buddy runs his micro sprint car ALL of the super old beat up trucks they use to Mat down the track are all Chevy/GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

mine is an 03 2500HD 4x4 with the 6.0 and it has 182,000 miles on it. Engine runs great still, but am starting to experience tranny issues at low gears. I encountered a problem when I purchased it with 134,000 miles where there was an exhaust leak at the head which was a costly repair because the bolts seized up and had to send the head out to a shop to get the bolts out. Other than that I am very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2002 2500 HD extended cab 214,000 miles I bought it with 128,000 miles it's been the best truck I've ever had or used. Getting ready to replace it not sure what to buy next. Tried to talk my wife into letting me get a newer Camaro and keep the truck for winters you can guess where that went nowhere. A little bored with this older truck but I'm not sure if there's a newer truck this is as rugged as this one. As far as the knocking engine mines been doing it ever since I've owned it and I tow and plow with it and pass cars daily still runs strong.

Damn right. It's one thing if you're trying to raise a family, in which case, yes- the old hag or ball and chain gets a say in the matter, big time- but when no kids, she can work her job and get her money to buy her goodies and you can get your goodies with your job.

Like a dog with his tail between his legs i will admit she makes more and yes still raising a daughter.Besides I was a disaster at times with money so she manages the budget and its okay with me.I dont discuss all purchases with her like the pistols i bought this summer,not sure why she was surprised why else would i apply for a permit.benefits your silly got a laugh on that statement.Anyone own a 2002 hd and replace it with something they like just as well?

mine is an 03 2500HD 4x4 with the 6.0 and it has 182,000 miles on it. Engine runs great still, but am starting to experience tranny issues at low gears. I encountered a problem when I purchased it with 134,000 miles where there was an exhaust leak at the head which was a costly repair because the bolts seized up and had to send the head out to a shop to get the bolts out. Other than that I am very happy with it.

What tranny symptoms are you getting?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 01 2500hd extended cab short bed with a 6.0 4l80. it has 214,000 plus im still driving it. I have towed,hauled and anything else a truck can do since iv owned it the last almost 3 years. im just now going to trade it in on a new 17 in the next few days