How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

2005 with only 80,000. I bough it two and a half years ago with roughly 70,000. I only have a one mile round trip commute to work, so not many miles get put on there and have a Jetta TDI with roughly 125,000 that I use for the longer trips. However, both winters I have used it for plowing and I towed a roughly 8,000 trailer both summers. I have only had a few problems with it. First I had to put a new clutch fan on it because it was overheating with the plow on it. I found out later that there might have been a recall on it. Also had the HVAC module go bad and had that replaced. Two weeks later I received a letter in the mail that there was a recall for that also and am waiting for my reimbursement check. Also, had a few parts replaced on my tailgate because it wasn't latching well. Overall I have been very happy with it and can't wait to get another.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Buddy of mine just bought an '02 with 308000 miles on it. Haven't seen it yet, but we'll change all the fluids next week. He has a received model RAM with a Hemi, but he likes the Silverado already. He called me before he bought it. Told him the 6.0 was a great motor, but even if he had to put motor/trans in it, they are common.

Larry

• 2 months later...

2007 1500 HD Classic, its 200 miles short of 100k and I see no reason why she shouldn't go another 100k. I would hop in it tommorow and drive it anywhere. Uses no oil, no knock, runs great. I have replaced maintenance items here and there. Wheel bearing, belts and pulleys, spark plugs but thats normal wear and tear. No major issues and I LOVE my truck. :driving:

Have two. A 99 and 06, the 99 is at 272000 and the 06 is at 236000. if you let the 06 idle for a minute or two, there is no knock. The 06 has no knock at all. The 99 has had a water pump, exhaust manifold bolts and a alternater. The 06 has only had oil and filters. The company I work for runs a fleet of one hundred fifty 2500HD and has had very little mechanical problems.

• 10 months later...

i drive a 2002 gmc denali 6.0L quadrasteer daily. Has just about 220,000 miles on it. I changed the spark plugs about 130k miles, fuel pump at about 160,000 miles and rotors about 150k miles. Started towing a 8,000 pound travel trailer short distances with little problem at around 175k miles. Pulls like a champ. I use and abuse my truck and it has given me no problems. Runs like new and seems to get similar gas mileage to when I first bought it new.

• 1 year later...