How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

02 Silverado K2500HD 6.0 150,000 bought new with 200 miles

Re-torque Right side head bolts due to minor leak 50,000

1 right rear axle seal 80,000

Replaced rear brake pads 80,000

Replaced right exhaust manifold gasket 90,000

Replaced water pump 140,000

Replaced fuel pump 90,000

I have never changed the front pads or turned the front rotors on this truck! The only front brake maintainence I have on this truck is that I put it into 4 wheel dive while on a hoist and held a 3" 90' grinder with a fiber disc to the front rotors to add some cross hatching to them and remove the glazing. I used to tow every weekend for a few years but recently have not. Has anyone else had this luck with their front brakes?

I put 175,000 on an '01 6.0 2500HD 4x4... Replaced the knock sensors at prolly 160K. In the 8 years I owned the truck I prolly only had a grand in repair on it! Had a left rear axel seal that gave me fits... other than that, wish I hadn't sold it!

I have a 2003 2500hd with the 6.0 liter. Since new the truck has ran great it just rolled over 40,000 miles. Only issues it has is the starter went out last summer. I wish it had more towing power.
  • Like 1

189,000 miles on our 2002 shop truck. 2500HD 4x2 with too many different drivers. :( Engine runs fine and has a lot of power. Uses oil only when towing heavy. Transmission seems like it's slipping now, but it might be because I'm used to driving my '07 with a 6-speed.

2001 K2500HD, mainly stock except Wester's Garage PCM at 65k

142k miles, purchased new

Cold start knock/piston slap from day one, still runs the same

75k Idler pulley

90k Right rear axle seal

100k Corroded knock sensors, RTV water dam to protect new ones per TSB, new intake gaskets while doing it

110k Fuel pump (just needed new sender, but as long as I'm in there...)

135k Left front hub/bearing assembly

135k Plastic heater core hose connectors, highly recommend replacing these before yours blow

Rear exhaust manifold bolt heads snapped off long ago (common), just now getting slight exhaust fftt fftt when cold on one side, not looking forward to getting bolts out

I'm also on the ORIGINAL rotors/pads, still have at least 30% pads left front and rear, bizarre

• 4 months later...

2010 3500 crew cab 6.0 auto 2wd drw flatbed with 115,000 miles. We bought it new 11 months ago and have had few problems. A/c condenser leak (warranty), a little overheating, and rough idle. I think the wheel bearings are going bad, currently. Also at 20,000 it stalled, restarted right back up and never happened again.

Had a 2007 classic 3500 ext. cab 6.0 auto 2wd drw flatbed and traded it for the 2010. When we traded it in it had 316,xxx miles and was in pretty good shape. We bought it new in 2007 and had it 3 years. Some problems including at 50,000 the torque converter going out, climate control actuator (twice), vent motor resistor (several), persistent valvetrain tap, headlight gremlins (had to change headlight bulbs about every 2 months), diff pinion seal leaking. All in all it was a pretty good truck, in all that time we never did a brake job(did kinda need it though) and never overheated-not once.

2010 3500 crew cab 6.0 auto 2wd drw flatbed with 115,000 miles. We bought it new 11 months ago and have had few problems. A/c condenser leak (warranty), a little overheating, and rough idle. I think the wheel bearings are going bad, currently. Also at 20,000 it stalled, restarted right back up and never happened again.

Had a 2007 classic 3500 ext. cab 6.0 auto 2wd drw flatbed and traded it for the 2010. When we traded it in it had 316,xxx miles and was in pretty good shape. We bought it new in 2007 and had it 3 years. Some problems including at 50,000 the torque converter going out, climate control actuator (twice), vent motor resistor (several), persistent valvetrain tap, headlight gremlins (had to change headlight bulbs about every 2 months), diff pinion seal leaking. All in all it was a pretty good truck, in all that time we never did a brake job(did kinda need it though) and never overheated-not once.

What do you guys do to put 100k miles on a truck like that per year?

What do you guys do to put 100k miles on a truck like that per year?

We haul turbochargers to various places. Been as far west as San Diego and east as Orlando. If fact were on the road right now near New Orleans.

• 1 month later...

2004 2500HD Crew Cab ...bought new...really a great truck overall nothing but routine maintenance.

Just sold it yesterday for $15,000...picking up my 2011 2500HD Crew Cab tommorrow.

Another 6.0 looking forward to it