2007 SLE DIC Upgrade

I installed mine on Saturday, was very easy to install. I only needed a 10mm socket and ratchet, phillips head screwdriver, and a panel puller to install it. I've been playing with it ever since :D .

dgen, I have a basic work truck also with the work truck convience and appearance options. This switch will work on your truck just like it was a top of the line LTZ. If you look in your owners manual it will explain what each toggle does and how to use them.

INSTALLED !!!!!

Ok, now you have me worried. You need a panel puller ?????

Maybe I shoulda called it a door panel puller.......

DSC02150.jpg

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't used anything except a screw driver...and that was only to help me get the light switch out...the rest I just used my bare hands. I suppose there are better ways to get it done than just pulling it out...but it worked out well for me...I have a WT with roll down windows and AM/FM...the DIC works great...and is very close as far as fuel used and mpg...best $100 I spent on my truck.

<br />Gregg, did you say you had a basic Chevy WT. If so, your display, did I notice no Chrome. One thing I DONT like about my Sierra is that panel with the spedo!<br /><br />I'd rather have yours!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Not the rock bottom work truck, but not much further up the ladder ! No chrome except on the A/C vent adjusters.

Sweet Mod, thanks goes out to Daddy!

This worked perfect on my price buster GMC,very nice mod indeed.If anyone in Canada is looking for one,check the guy in Pembroke,he has 2 left.GM sells them in 4 packs here,and some dealers may be reluctant to order them in.I paid 108 taxes in,and picked it up,good excuse for a road trip,they will ship by purolator for 9 bucks. :):confused:

• 2 weeks later...
WOWZA......i'm new here, but not new to chevy as i have my '00 w/250,000 miles still going strong.

the wife calls me Friday afternoon and says "don't you need a new truck?"...........i was like "nah, big red is still going strong".........then she has the cajones to tell me that i was already GMAC approved with nothing down, "lets at least go look at em".....Da#n it, came home with this,

http://www.pbase.com/summerwind4/image/81437166

drove it 2 miles and fell in love...............the only thing i too was bummed about was that it has the DIC through the odometer button, but man, catching this thread just cinched my love affair............this is truly an awesome site, and many thx to you daddy for posting this.

gonna order the switch today.

Your wife is awsome, I wish mine was like that. :cheers:

I just got my extra cab LT1 a week ago, and after test driving some trucks with the full DIC system, I was a little disappointed at the weak DIC that my truck provided. Boy am I glad I found this thread!

I just came in from the garage after installing the new panel, and all I can say is WOW! I don't understand why GM decided to play games like this, but it sure is the best money I've ever spent on a vehicle upgrade, ever!

The panel on my truck was very difficult to get off (grab the top edge & pull!), and was even more difficult to reinstall, but a few firm "love taps" with the palm of the hand got everything seated correctly. Thanks for one of the best threads ever!

I just wanted to let everyone know that adding the Driver Information Center (DIC) to your 2007 SLE is a snap.

I ordered the part from gmpartsdirect.com. The install took 5 minutes.

If you have questions, let me know!

Daddy. :driving:

AWESOME! You answered a question I had about the same upgrade. I wasn't sure the bezel with the buttons was all you needed.

Thanks! I'm headed out to buy one.

I finally recieved my new DIC control panel. It took 3 minutes to install :lol: It's awsome. That was the world record for upgrades. I wonder why GM didn't just put it in, in the first place. :cheers: It doesn't make sense. The info is already there you just can't get to it with out the controller. oh well, Thanks to "Daddy" How'd you find that out anyways.

By the way I'll sell the old panel to any one who wants it. Or better yet we should all send them to GM's front door at the same time.

2663605_8_full.jpg

Archived